Followers

Monday, August 19, 2019

Lunch With Joe

What a morning.
I separated the horses again, which takes some extra time,
did chores, 







 and had to be at the Farmer's Museum by 9am for a meeting.
I went in my barn clothes and my ensemble was not too pretty.
One of the things we are doing is a Kiss the Cow
Contest.  These antique milk bottles are going to be placed at the Town Hall,
the Village Hall and the Community Center and people are going to vote
with money.  I am in the contest....should be interesting.
We have arranged for a huge steer to be brought over and his name is Red Baron.
Can't wait to see him.  The contest directions are below.


 I got home just in time to get cleaned up before driving down to the Brockport Diner to have lunch 
with our Congressman, Joe Morelle.  Gary and I have known him for many years and he has
been to our farm for political gatherings.  When Louise Slaughter died, he took her spot.
What a great guy....so community minded and truly works for all of his constituents, not just for people in his party.  We appreciate the attention he is giving to this part of the county.
Below are the local candidates running for County Legislature.
JW Cook and Karen Lobracco.
 We were also joined by Tom Trapp and Theresa Alano, who are
 running for office in nearby Clarkson.



 I really enjoyed talking to Joe's staffers at lunch.  They
must love working for him.

 After they left us, they had a meeting with the Mayor and the Village
Board, followed by a meeting with our Town Supervisor.
 On the way home I went to Wegmans.
Just when I was ready to hang out for a minute, Scott called and said
he was on his way with a load of chips for the run-in by the stalls.
Fortunately Gary and Karen were willing to wheel them in
 and I spread them out.  It only took us about 20 minutes.
After that, we turned all the horses out together and did some babysitting.
 So far so good.  Rebel did not seem to care and the girls were better than I expected.
 Maggie likes to herd Angel away from Rebel.




 Look at those coats!




 Scott also dropped off a splitter and Gary is in heaven!
It's going to save him a lot of work and we should be set for the winter.

 A picture showed up on FB...something that I made for dinner one year ago today,
and I decided to make it again.
 4 slices of bacon
 1 onion (took out the bacon first)
 Angel hair and peas....
 all tossed together with a little butter and Romano cheese.
 Our tomatoes are coming on like gangbusters so I made a tomato salad.
 Delicious.
 Hopefully things will go smoothly when I turn out Rebel with all the girls tomorrow morning.
Night all.

PS
Here is a story about something that happened yesterday.
Around 3pm a friend called and said she and her husband found this St. Bernard puppy
walking down the middle of a road not far from us.  They drove her over to the Highway Gargage,
as that is were our Dog Control officer has a kennel.  They were not able to reach her and called
me... and as the liaison for Animal Control for the Town I tried to help them.  I immediately
posted it on FaceBook and within 20 minutes it was shared 48 times.  I advised them to take the pup to the police department in the Village and they, in turn,  took her over to the Dog Catcher's home.  By 5:30, Lila was back home with her family....which is about 12 or more miles from here.
How did she get to Brockport??????
(She was covered with burdocks, which they took off her)
At least it was a happy ending
and I really appreciated all the help.

No comments: