Followers

Monday, April 17, 2017

More Concrete. Aging and Activity!

A cool but very beautiful morning.
I got up at 6 to do chores as  I was participating in a panel discussion at the college regarding Aging and Activity.  Our 6th time (I think).











I managed to feed, turn out, clean one stall and take a shower before leaving the farm at 7:30.

 We always meet in the Eagle's Lookout (it looks out on the college's football and soccer fields)
and is located in one of the Physical Education complexes.
 One of our regular participants did not show up, so we invited the second man from the left to join our panel.  He has been auditing the class and is a retired physician.  Fit right in.
After we introduced ourselves and answered questions we were asked to give the students what we considered to be our most important piece of advise.  For me, this was the highlight of the morning.  After that, we each went to a table and had a chance to speak directly to the students.

 Always!  A very rewarding experience and we would all go back in a heartbeat.
 When I got back to the farm I finished cleaning the last stall and set up for the night feeding.
 Next on the agenda was moving brush for the town pick up.  We have an outrageous amount because of the windstorm that blew through last month.  I must have moved at least 12 heaping wheelbarrows with at least 12 more to go.







 At 3pm Gary, Scott, Jenny and a neighbor were back at it.
The concrete arrived and within an hour they were at this point.


 If all goes well, the last section will be done tomorrow.  
They did a great job and it was much more manageable than the last pour.
I brought Jenny a big bunch of daffs.

 Before going there, I made a "New England Boiled Dinner."
Do you know what that is?
Leftover ham on the bone, onions, carrots, cabbage and potatoes.
 I add cider vinegar and a little brown sugar to the broth.
The kitchen smelled divine.


 It was crispy all day, but I loved the sunshine.
Night all.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I think it's a great thing to do at the college. I'm sure it gives the students something to think about. Great pictures too.

Mommy Stockley said...

That first photos is so dramatic! Glad Maggie looks cleaner today!