Followers

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Colorado Skies....All Day Long

 The early morning sun was sneaking into the living room...
 and the birds were enjoying an early breakfast in the back yard.
 Gary can hardly keep up with them, they have been eating so much!


 When I walked out to the barn, the footing was nasty.  Lots of ice.
I put the girl's hay in one of the small pastures.



 Right after chores I made a fast run down to Wegmans and got back in time for class.





By late afternoon much of the snow had melted and the girls decided to hang out under the shed roof while they ate some hay.



 In the meantime, I worked on Town Board stuff and baked a chicken breast to put on our salads for dinner.  I could eat them at least three or four times a week...all different kinds.
Tonight...greens, apples, pears, walnuts, craisins, chicken and the caramelized onions (baked with the chicken).  Topped it off with a little grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.  An organic multi-grain roll on the side.  Ummm, ummm, ummmm!
Before I left for the Town Board workshop we watched a little of Bill Clinton's speech.
He was in Rochester tonight and was introduced by our friend, Louise Slaughter.
She is really something!  Why didn't I start the video when she was speaking?


 I've got to get my ducks in a row tonight, as I have to be in Rochester by 8am for my first day of Grand Jury duty.  I can't tell
 you how thrilled I am to try and do chores, grab a shower and drive in.  Gary is going to be assisting.
Night all.



2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Another busy day. Hope the snow melts soon. Sorry I couldn't watch the video, it didn't come up. Must have been interesting. I could listen to him talk anytime.

Stephen Andrew said...

Surprised you had snow and ice! It's been cold here but we haven't had any measurable snowfall in a loooong time. We've had several rainstorms that would have amounted to feet and feet of snow. I miss having some snow!