Followers

Friday, September 4, 2015

More Jamin'

A very foggy morning.


 By the time I went out to do chores, most of it disappeared.


 Phoebe and Gucci are always looking for something in the front paddock.


 Afterward I did a little work outside and then got started on another batch of jam.
Gary picked that basket of raspberries yesterday and I just had to do something with them.
 After crushing, I had some extra, added a few plums and made a batch of preserves.
 Very little sugar (no recipe) compared to what it takes for jam.




 After lunch the dogs and I went for a ride to check on some hay.  When we crossed over the canal I tried to grab a couple of shots as no other cars were in the area (one lane bridge).  Very peaceful looking.


 Dinner before chores tonight.
 Coleslaw
 Plum chutney
 Corn on the Cob
 and a little grilled chicken.
 Made a quick trip to Brockport before tucking the girls in for the night.

 Fortunately the temperature had dropped.  We even had a slight breeze part of the day.


Night all.

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Another busy day! You are the master at putting up your fruit for a long winters day.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

You are killing me with all that wonderful jam!

Stephen Andrew said...

I channeled my inner Lori Skoog yesterday and diced a huge batch of tomatoes to freeze. I think I need to buy a chest freezer now though. Half my freezer is packed with bags of frozen tomatoes! I sure will be glad I did it when I'm making sauce in January with real tomatoes. Thanks for the inspiration! I prefer jams with low sugar too.