Followers

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

On the Move....Still

Va Va Voom!  What a gorgeous day.



 Love this morning light!
 Gary has a barn...it frequently looks like this on the outside and you don't even want to go through the door.  (I will admit that the porch looks rather interesting).
 This is my barn and my front porch....and I invite you to come inside anytime you want.  If you do a little bit everyday, it's easy to maintain.





 Sophie enjoyed the solar heat.
 Chorus today.  Had to go at 9:30 and afterwards stayed for a catered lunch.



 Salad and baked potatoes.

 At 2:15, had an appointment with the massage therapist.  Hot stones....yes.



 As soon as I got home, started working on the agenda for tomorrow's SSC meeting.  Next week we will have a public meeting and need to be prepared.  Determined to keep the Senior Center open.

Did not feel like making dinner, so we went over to Sam's Diner.  Very relaxing.
 The sky was just a beautiful tonight as it was this morning.


 Home in time to do evening chores.




 Angel is still gimpy and had a good soak and wrap tonight.  Waiting for an abscess to pop.

 I told Karen my version of boot making.  How do you do it? I'm sure there are all kinds of answers to that question.  Here's what works for me.  First, I soak the foot in Epsom salts.  Dry it.  Apply ichthamol.  Cover with a small disposal diaper.  Put a sockie over it to keep everything in place.  A little layer of vet wrap.  And finally....duct tape.
She liked the idea of the sockie and Angel liked the padding.  Hope this helps.

It was dark when we got back in the house.
Night all.

6 comments:

Gayle said...

Your farm is as beautiful as ever. On my bucket list is to one day visit you! You are so on the go and I admire all that you do for your community. Abbe is as lovely as ever!

Gayle said...

Your farm is as beautiful as ever. On my bucket list is to one day visit you! You are so on the go and I admire all that you do for your community. Abbe is as lovely as ever!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Beautiful skies! Love the weather lately it's cool here too.

I'm jealous of your hot stone massage. Boy I could use one today.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Are you guys on guard duty? Gary's barn sounds like moms closet
Snorts
Lily & Edward

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Lori! I'm so glad I have gotten the chance to 'escape' to your blog this evening! I hope you've had another good day, and I hope that Angel is better.

Take care!

Terry said...

I hope Angel heals quickly.
Our routine is a version of yours. We soak in warm water with Epsom salts, put on an iodine type product, pad, vet wrap, then put the whole thing in an Old Mac boot.