Followers

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Mornin' Glory

 It was a steamy, gorgeous morning and much more comfortable than yesterday.
 Miss Muffet was nowhere to be found.




 We had an outrageous number of morning glory blossoms.  I've had to water them everyday, as the morning sun hits them straight on and the leaves get droopy.




 Sally stopped up somewhere around 10 and we chatted for awhile.  She dropped off some goodies and I sent her home with a couple bags of veggies.

After that I figured it was not too hot for a trike ride and I took off down the road.  We live on a main drag, but there is a very wide shoulder....until you get to Genesee County.  A plane was spraying several huge corn fields.
 I hung a right when I got to Creamery Road and forgot how many hills were in front of me.  The scenery was pretty fine and it was getting hotter and hotter.
 I turned right again when I got to West Sweden Road and was SO excited to ride up more hills.  Fortunately I could fly on the way down.
 Only one more climb to go when I got to Ladue Road and then I was home free.

Went to Weggies (better known as the hub, as all your friends are there) and the bank (after I recovered and took a shower), then came home and worked on the Senior Center project for awhile.
Karen did chores and I started on dinner.
 Sauteed onions, a green pepper, a banana pepper and lots of roasted red peppers....
 spread out some dough
 added sauce and the sauteed veggies
 topped it with cheese.
 Made a salad...everything was from our garden.

 then we ate....
Night all.

4 comments:

Auntie Reg said...

Looks yummy. We had pizza tonight also. Did you make your own crust? I love love the morning glory's.

Grey Horse Matters said...

The morning glories are gorgeous! Glad you had such an invigorating bike ride! You must be getting in great shape to do all those hills and live to tell the tale.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Wonderful morning shots! Ugh on the spray plane!

Terry said...

Those morning glories are such a beautiful color.
Pizza looks delish.