Followers

Sunday, January 8, 2012

SUNDAY STILLS CHALLENGE-LIGHT PAINTING

This weeks challenge is a fun one. Set your camera on a slower shutter speed…….or just turn the flash off on a point and shoot, find some lights and shoot them moving your camera as you do. You can also find some moving lights (traffic for instance) and photograph those (a tripod or setting your camera on something and using a remote or the timer works well for this). You could also have someone (even yourself-using your cameras timer and a slow shutter speed) use a flashlight in the dark. The challenge in this is to play with aperture and shutter speed. Be creative.

I just looked at the challenge this morning and now it is light out and I can't take any pictures.  The shots below were taken earlier.







To view more shots, click on Sunday Stills in my sidebar.

12 comments:

Birdman said...

Fun images... from our hectic , 'go go' lives.

Inger said...

This looks like a fun project that can result in some gorgeous photos. I love the last one. Looks like an abstract Christmas decoration.

Sharon Creech said...

Ooh, love this light play!

Ed said...

Neat shots, that first one is very cool..:-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

That Christmas tree shot is a favorite!

Denise said...

All great but I love the christmas tree one.

tinajo said...

It´s a fun way to shoot! :-)

Dee Ready said...

Amazing. I don't even know how to work a camera even though a friend gave me her old one when she bought a new one. But when I see your photographs I feel the call to learn.

Peace.

Red Nomad OZ said...

WOW! I'll have to give that a try - the 2nd & 3rd shots are sensational!!

Greetings from downunder - hope you have a great day!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

very cool. mom was getting crazy with the flashy box the other day too
Benny & Lily

Terry said...

I'm a fan of the Christmas tree shot.

Linda said...

THe third one of the tree is just amazingly FUN!!