Followers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A HOT MORNING (AS IN TUESDAY)


This morning after chores, I went down to the Senior Center for a meeting.  So far the Town has made no formal announcements about the changes that have taken place, and we felt it was time to talk about it.  Around 70 people were there ...we shared as much as we know and listened to the comments of these very concerned Seniors.  The way the Center is set up, we could not have complete privacy, and while we were chatting, in walked the Supervisor and a couple of Board Members.  When the meeting was over, they began going from table to table
shaking hands and talking.  I wish I was a little birdie.  My impression is, that they got a phone call regarding the conversations that were taking place and thought they should get over there to do some damage control.  We want to approach this with dignity and respect, and intend to base our statements on facts.  Many people in our community (outside of the Center) have offered great support.  Remember that movie where the guy said "we're not going to take this anymore."  That's where we are at this point!  Employees need to be treated fairly....and the campaign goes on.......

3 comments:

Ken Mac said...

so is that stained glass? Lori, re the gallery in the west village, I don't know that one....good?

CoyoteFe said...

Sorry - still confused about what the Sups are trying to do??

Kim Joyce said...

Hi Lori,
What is going on at the senior center? I guess I am out of the loop.
I love the blog,
Kim