Followers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

There's Been a Change in the Weather!

The last morning of 2014 started off with a beautiful sunrise and temperatures in the teens.




 The girls and I definitely needed some solar.



 Happy to get back in the house.  
Below is my command central.  Two pillows, 1 quilt, Vicks, Kleenex, cough drops, glass of water, the tv remote, Kindle, reading glasses, iPad and phone....just in case.

Phoebe and Gucci had to be driven to their grooming appointment by Gary.
Here is the before look.
Can't beat sunshine.
 Once again I prepared another bowl of fruit...oranges, bananas and grapes.  Just sounded good.
 Around 3:30 the snow started to come down at a quick pace.  Quite a switch from earlier.


 With the windchill it was in the single digits so I put the girls in a little early.



 Changed Berlin and Abbe's blankets from Medium to heavy Rambos.
 I really like the color in this picture of Maggie.  In fact, I must be getting a little better to have taken more photos.
 Leftover ham and cabbage soup for dinner.
Now, I can go back in the kitchen continue watching a series on Netflix.  
Last night I actually went about 5 hours without coughing and was able to sleep.  Hopefully I have really turned the corner, even tho I am still far from normal.
Night all.

PS
Here is another painting you will see at the art opening on Saturday.
This is a watercolor of Berlin (yes, my Berlin) painted by Brenda Cretney.
I think I need to have this...it is so beautiful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very happy New Year to all of you!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sounds like you may be on the turn to getting well soon. Hope so. Love the picture of Berlin, I think you need to have it too. Happy New Year to you and the gang.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, despite the less than good weather--And I totally agree, the watercolor is a must have for your collection!

·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)´ (¸.·´ .·Happy New Year, and all the best to you and your family in 2015!´

Stephen Andrew said...

So glad you're starting to feel better! I started to feel bad again yesterday, but am back up today. What are you watching on Netflix? If you need a break from your series watch the documentary Spinning Plates. It's so good (tearjerker though). It's about 3 totally different restaurants and how they are run. Can't say enough how much I loved it.

Birdman said...

I agree love the horses caught in light snow. We missed the snow in southern Maine.
Happy 2015!