Followers

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Most Thursdays...




























After I got up this morning and went out to the kitchen I was greeted by a fresh bouquet of carnations that Gary brought home last night.  We had company for dinner and needed a sign of spring to add a little ambience.  As you will learn from this journal, I love to cook and we frequently have many of our friends sitting at the table.  Our farmhouse is rambling, and in a moments notice we can easily seat 20 without adding any extra chairs....In the past, we have invited over 100 to many events held in our indoor riding arena.  It is a perfect space for bands and Bar B Ques (Irish, Country, and our house rock band).  I am amazed at the acoustics.  In that same space I have hosted numerous clinics for the Dressage and Driving Associations, and can't even count all the riding lessons that were given there by my all time favorite and most respected classical dressage instructor.  The horsey part could take up pages, but I will spare you today.
Back to this morning...while I was getting ready to do chores, Gary was leaving for his yoga class.  As I have mentioned before, every morning he goes to Java Junction for coffee and conversation with a group of friends.  Seven of them decided they needed some good quality activity, so they approached the owner of a local Dance Studio.  The would be Nancy Burhyte, and earlier in her career she was a classical ballerina.  Her training has had a strong impact on the way she teaches this class.  Now picture this....7 men of all shapes and sizes, ranging from 60-76 years old, going into the studio with their mats to work for an hour.  Even tho she is in her early 50s, she is in amazing condition and puts these guys through the wringer.  I would love to be a little bird.
At the moment, the sun is bright and I have a feeling we will get up to 40 today.  Josh and Phoebe were very comfortable out there.  If the snow is deep, Josh can't get under the fence and he waits for me outside the gate.  Phoebe, on the other hand, can sneak in and out all over the place.  I would love to get some close up shots of them that could remotely compare with the photographs of Jon Katz in the Bedlam Farm Journal.  If you have not gone there yet, you should.  He is not only an amazing writer, his photographs are fabulous.  There is a link on this page (Bedlam Farm) that is well worth visiting.

1 comment:

Nea said...

I like reading the horsey part. We're not going to the stables this week, as there are no riding lessons due to the school vacation.

Great photos of the dogs, but howcome the skis are buried in snow?