This is the first time I have participated in Random 5 Friday....here goes.
1. I started my Journal in February of 2007 and have not missed one day of posting. Can't say enough about the people I have met from all over the world. I communicate with a few of them very regularly and feel like they are truly friends. So far I have met 5 of them in person and would love to meet more.
2. After retiring in 1999 (Art Teacher), I started teaching at home. This used to be a pool house and when we filled it in our pool, it became my studio. Currently all of my students are also retired and it is a pure pleasure to work with them.
3. We have lived here at Skoog Farm for 32 years, and I am a lover of horses, dogs and even the cats that were left here when we moved in. No sleeping in for me.
4. Several years ago I started African Drumming. We are fortunate to have an African Dancing and Drumming Ensemble (Sankofa) at the State University of New York College at Brockport, and every Saturday during the school year there is open drumming led by the musical director of this group (free). When we are in a groove, there is nothing like the feeling it gives you. Especially when there are 15 or 20 participants.
5. I am a very busy person and never go anywhere without my camera, averaging 50-75 pictures everyday, starting with sunrise.
Especially interested in grabbing shots of my animals, local architecture, flowers, friends, family, food (love to cook) and more.
I look forward to learning more about all of you.
To see other Random 5 posts, click here www.aruraljournal.com
If you are interested in seeing what I do, today's post is below.