Followers

Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Sleeping Beauty....

 Before I went out to the barn, I caught the girls snoozing in the outdoor arena.
 Such a beautiful morning.

 I've been a mowing maniac lately.  Today I finished all the pastures.


 I guess Abbe did not get enough sleep last night.










At 11:15 Gary remembered that Finn had a ball game this morning, so we stopped what we were doing and went "as we were" to the town park.  I had on sweats and was covered with horse hair...but I brought my camera and caught a few shots.  Coop was practicing his pitching while Finn was playing.


 Finn will be 10 in August....I see such a difference in his playing this year.  He gets it!



This is the second time he has pitched and he was fabulous!!!!



 He grabbed a couple of infield hits and threw them out at first.  Later when he was playing right field he grabbed a long ball and threw another kid out.  I was very impressed.  What a natural.

Home around 1:30.  I needed a big glass of lemonade with a shot of oj.
 Did the final mowing and dragged both rings.  Gary planted hundreds of onions.

Around 5 I went down to the Morgan Manning House to pick up a couple chicken dinners...no cooking tonight.







 Got them to go as we were both too filthy to eat there, and we still had more work to do.  Of course I was seen in that condition by tons of friends.  Gary thinks I am very eccentric, being comfortable going there without getting cleaned up first.  Oh well.  I do plan to take a shower now that the horses are set for the night and this post is almost finished.




Night all.


 

4 comments:

Brett said...

Abby looks like Flash when he takes his naps. He won't even move for the tractor.

Terry said...

Oh Abbe, what a hoot!
The place is looking fabulous.
That's what I'll tell David - I'm eccentric.

Stephen Andrew said...

A glorious day indeed!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I am "eccentric" all the time -- running errands in my work clothes. Looks like a beautiful day -- Abbe had the right idea.