Followers

Sunday, December 25, 2011

TIME TO REST

 Up and at 'um.
 Gary helped me with chores this morning.  Not too bad outside.
 Did not wrap Abbe...seems to be improving.


 Last night we cleaned up everything except the dishes.  One messed up kitchen this morning... mostly glasses and silverware.  I started washing them before I went out to the barn....Gary finished when we got in.  We don't have a dishwasher....95% of the time he is it.
 I love it when everything is back in place after a party.... so simple and organized.
 Saved the bone from the spiral ham and made some cabbage soup....could not resist, even tho we did not eat it today.  Made the house smell great.
 Jill and her two sons stopped over to see Belle and the kitties.  Nice to meet them.  Her hand is still hurting and she will probably go to a doctor tomorrow.
 Look at this refrigerator.  I could not get another thing in it.  LEFTOVERS!!!!
 Had some cubed salami and cheese left from last night and decided to make some of it into a panini.
 It turned out great.  Sweet potato chips and some leftover razzelberry stuff.  Who was I kidding, thinking I would never eat again.
 I truly took the day off.  A nice hot shower....couch time...half slept through a movie.

 Jenny and the boys came up to help us empty out the frig.

 The roses Eugenia brought last night are gorgeous.

 And I love the ornaments Steph and the girls made.

 I'm going to have to try this some time....

 Even tho it was a beautiful day (should have gone on a bike ride) it was a pleasure to spend time by the fire.
 Tucked the ponies in around 5 and had dinner ready before 6.
 Of course it was a no brainer.
 Three guesses what Finn and Coop got for Christmas....
 iTouch. They were busy..... This world is sure different these days.
 Jenny brought this cheesecake last night and I tried to get her to take it home with her tonight.
All the sweet stuff has got to go.  This season brings on overload.
Things were quiet by 7:30 and we are on our way to a second crash.  I think Gary napped for 2 hours this afternoon and it won't be long before he nods off again.
Night all.  Hope you all had a very special day.

7 comments:

Sharon Creech said...

Glad you were able to take it semi-easy today! Can't believe you had that big party w/out the benefit of a dishwasher. Roses sure look pretty!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I'm ready to hit the couch. Your Christmas sounds wonderful. I'm glad Abbe is doing better.

Cloudia said...

such beauties! thanks for thrilling the eye and heart-



Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

elvira pajarola said...

Lori, cara, your culinary fantasy is outrageous....I love it.....!!!!

Creating new inviting menues with leftovers...beautiful, your ART TALENT shows all over!!!!!

( I am convinced your cookbook you would write ((when are you starting...?)) would be a 100 procent success....!!!!!)

Magnificient rose shots......!!!

I wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday Time.....!!!

(my leg with cast...: I broke the ankle just slipping on a sidewalk, it just went like that...; but in about 5 weeks with "four" legs I should be ok again; thanks so much for asking, Lori...!)

All my very best Wishes!!!!

ciao ciao elvira

Michaele said...

I enjoyed ALL of these photos! The roses are beautiful.

Maery Rose said...

Belated Merry Christmas! It looks like you had another delicious holiday!

Gayle said...

Aren't the lazy days a pleasure. I wouldn't mind having a few more of those myself.