Followers

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Yesterday and Today

 Yesterday morning the sunrise was beautiful and disappeared.
The temperature was in the 60s.

 There was good light in the kitchen before I went out to the barn.





 This is what Abbe looked like...finally dried off so I could remove the mud.



 Before I was finished the sun disappeared, the temperature was dropping quickly 
and it started to rain mid morning.  
 Maggie had rolled in the ditch and was covered with mud so there was no chance for her to be covered with a blanket.  At 10:30 I ended up putting them all back in the barn where the temperature was still 50 degrees.
 Karen let them out for awhile with their blankets back on when she got here to do evening chores. The temperature ended up around 30.  Quite a drop.
That was where my picture taking ended as my new computer had arrived and after getting some excellent directions from Apple Care, the next 10 hours were spent migrating all the stuff from my old computer to the new.
This morning it was more like February...in the low 30s.





 I got back in the house by 9 and spent the next three hours
(with more instruction) getting everything properly set up and working.
What a difference.  Now I have two computers and both have the same info on them.
I'm not sure about what I am going to do with my old one.  
 There are some differences that I will have to get used to.  My old iMac had iPhoto on it and it was very easy to edit photos.  The new one just has Photos and it's going to take awhile for me to figure it out.
Fortunately it did not rain this afternoon and the girls were able to stay outside.



 Company for dinner tomorrow night, so I made a quick trip to Wegmans and bought groceries and tulips for my kitchen table.  This happens every year at this time.


Gary had meetings this morning and a dinner tonight,
so I picked up some sesame chicken and made myself some homemade lomain fo dinner.
 Of course I had a side of bananas.
 Now it's time to go throw more wood on the fire.
Night all.

7 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad the computer is all set up. I have both iPhoto and just photos on mine. Don’t know how I wound up with both. I like the iPhoto better and use that most of the time. Good luck and happy computering.

Val Ewing said...

I've never owned a Mac, I would love to try one sometime to see the difference.
Rain and ice here over night but warming to 38 today. Dreary looking though!

Lori Skoog said...

Testing....testing

Nancy J said...

Hope the new Mac goes well, can you add iPhoto to it? I just get used to one photo editing program, and find I need another.I use Picasa for editing, and Photos ( Microsoft) for storage.

Lori Skoog said...

My new Mac has just Photo. When everything was moved over from iPhoto I ended up with a new way of editing and will have to get used to it. So far, so good. I store photos on Picasa Web Albums and also have an external hard drive with a gazillion things stored on it. Why do I save all this stuff?

Lori Skoog said...

I have had nothing but Macs and love them. You are an editing genius with your photos and would really appreciate these computers. They are preferred by people in the arts. How are you doing without your little buddy? So sorry.

Lori Skoog said...

I only have Photo now and need to learn how to use it. Yes, iPhoto seemed a lot easier!