Followers

Friday, January 31, 2014

Yes!

I could actually take off my gloves and not have my hands freeze.  Got up to at least 33 degrees today and it made a huge difference.

 Stayed grey all day.


 As soon as I got back in the house I started putting books on the shelves in the library.  Gary kicked in when he returned from Java and it took us until 4:30 to get everything together.








 I could not be happier with the new look, even tho we have the same old furniture.
 Chores at 5.




Then we went out to the "Crooked Door" in Albion so I could treat Gary to dinner after working so hard on this project for two and one half weeks.
 We were seated on the second level...very cozy.
 It overlooks the main dining room, which is next to the Erie Canal.
 Gary had spinach Florentine soup...
and broiled haddock.  Perfect.
 I was on my feet way too long today.  Time to rest.
Night all.


6 comments:

The Dancing Donkey said...

Isn't it amazing how good thirty degrees can feel? What a relief!

You have such a beautiful home. I love that library. Great job with the painting, the whole place looks terrific, very warm and inviting.

Stephen Andrew said...

The finished painting looks wonderful!

Nancy J said...

The hall seat with a mirror, lovely and those books, if I came for a visit, you might see me ensconced in there for weeks!!! ( pity they say friends are like fish and go off after 3 days!!!)Lovely painting, and a perfect award for all that hard labour. Cheers from Jean

Grey Horse Matters said...

Both rooms look great!

So happy that it's warming up at least for a few days. It does make all the difference.

Michaele said...

So nice and fresh!! I love that lamp. Very unique.

Val Ewing said...

It was 21 here today and it felt like spring. All the critters are laying out in the pasture soaking up sunlight.

Back to below zero tonight with some wind chills. But seems we are getting used to it so nothing short of -30 wind chills seem to bother anymore...LOL.

I took a walk today and left my gloves in my pocket!