Followers

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Remembering Tom....

 This winter is really getting to be a drag.
 I don't think the horses are anymore thrilled than we are.


After chores I took a quick shower and we met up with some friends to go to a memorial service for Tom Talley.  It was held at Christ Church in Rochester.

 After the service I was given permission to take a few photographs of this amazing piece of architecture.





 From beginning to end, it was a very moving tribute to a kind, caring and humble man.  
He loved to play the piano and sang in our chorus.

 
 The last time he and Deb joined us for dinner, he sang us a song at the table.  So sweet.
He was loved by so many and will be sorely missed.

 When we left the church the temperature had dropped and the wind kicked up big time.


I went out to do evening chores early as we were invited to Roger and Tina's for dinner and a movie.
It was not too bad when I first went out, but then all hell broke loose.








 By the time I got the girls tucked in you could hardly see the house from the barn.

 We had to pass on dinner as the conditions were getting too bad.

So, I made a quick meal here.  Veggie cheeseburgers, roasted potatoes and coleslaw.
 After dinner I finished my latest book and was kept company by a few of my buddies.


 Poor Gary is still painting and making some real progress.
 Right now we have high winds, snow and the roads are covered.  If the Farmer's Almanac is right, we are in deep tapioca.
Night all.

11 comments:

rebecca said...

What are you reading? :)

Anonymous said...

Your photos are all beautiful.
You do take good care of your horses. Amen.

Love the church pictures inside.

He looks like a very nice man. You say he has passed on.

He looked so healthy. Well I suppose God wanted him to be there with all his talent in Heavens choir. Was his timing not ours.

Nancy J said...

Beautiful windows, pews, and floor, a fitting place for a wonderful man's service. Lori, you need an old recipe book for "puddings" tapioca was a long time favourite many years ago. Stay warm, safe, and inside with those buddies and Gary the painter for good company. Cheers to all, Jean

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Stay warm. Glad you decided to stay home.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sorry to hear you lost a good friend. The church is beautiful.

Snowing and blowing here too all day. I don't even want to read the almanac. Might be too discouraging.

Time to start a new book and sit by the fire.

KB said...

I'm so sorry about Tom. He does sound like a very special man. The church was glorious.

It sounds like you are having our normal winter. Ours is about to return to normal so maybe yours will too!

Stephen Andrew said...

So sorry about your friend.
The church is spectacular. I wonder if craftsmanship like that will ever come back around. I hope so. Such cute pictures of all the animals! Everyone looks warm.

Buttons Thoughts said...

So sorry about your friend. Your church photos are lovely. Keep warm I growing tired of this cold when is spring?Hug B

Dreaming said...

I love your 'smoking dragon' header!
Brrrr.... it all looks so brutal!

Nancy said...

From your lovely description of Tom, he will be sorely missed.

You really are in deep tapioca! :)

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. You took some lovely shots of the church.