Followers

Friday, January 10, 2014

Orbs Gone Viral

I am part of a group that I joined through the Bedlam Farm Journal.  One of the contributors (Lesleigh S.) walked us through the creation of orbs, using our own photographs and all kinds of people are trying it.  So much fun!  Whoever figured this out?
(I had already manipulated some of the originals with Photo Shop)

The top shot is the original and the bottom one is the orb.













This is a drawing by one of my students....Donna M.















 



  

 I did this with Photoshop Elements on an old iMac.

Do you want to try it?
I put all the photos I wanted to play with on my desk top and clicked on Photoshop Elements.
Then I went to Browse so they would all show up.

Here are the directions.
Choose a photo and crop it into a square.
Go to Filter, Distort, Polar Coordinates, and select Polar to Rectangle...click ok
Go to Image, Image Rotation, Flip Canvas Vertical
Go back to Filter, Distort, Polar Coordinates and select Rectangle to Polar....click ok

Go to Save as and put down title and orb so you can keep things straight in an orb file.  (I have mine go to the desk top first, and then file them).
When you click off the original picture, don't save the changes.  That way you won't lose it.

I know this sounds crazy, but if you like to experiment, give it a shot.  Maybe it will also go viral in the blogging world.




9 comments:

Michaele said...

This is awesome looking fun!

dianasfaria.com said...

kind of freaky but lovely at the same time!
I LOVE your banner shot Lori.

Nancy J said...

They are so much fun, I think on my program they were called spheres. The mauve iris and paler yellow dahlia are spectacular. I can see snowy orbs coming soon. Greetings from Jean

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Wow, it's amazing and lovely!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Very neat. I think I'll probably try it.

Janice Grinyer said...

Thanks Lori for the link!!!

btw - i always love your photos

xoxox

fromsophiesview said...

Love this Lori....you are right...addiction!!

fromsophiesview said...

Yes, Lori....this is very cool and a lot of fun. I saw your orbs and wondered which effect it was. Now I know!! Here goes nothing!!

Sharon Creech said...

Intriguing designs and looks like fun!