Followers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

PHOEBE AND REYNOLDS FISHER....




Today I took some signs down to the Senior Center advertising a Chicken & Biscuit dinner we will be making on September 19th.  Phoebe went with me, and was immediately greeted by some of her friends.  Reynolds and she get along very well, and she sat on his lap for about 20 minutes while I was jabbering.  Several of the men always ask about her.  As she is a certified Therapy Dog, visiting the Senior Center suits her job description well...she is gentle, quiet, sweet and very loving.  Many of these people can no longer have pets and they miss them. Phoebe fills the bill.  By the way, on the way out of the building, I heard that Reynolds, his son, grandson and great grandson were very active in the Spaghetti Dinner days at the Center.  I feel a dinner coming on!

3 comments:

Diary From Africa said...

Lori, your new slideshow widget looks GREAT ! I love the fact that Phoebe is a certified Therapy Dog. I firmly believe in the healing power of animals - especially emotionally. I've been blessed with so many wonderful dogs who've touched my life - and added to it - in so many different ways. Phoebe seems like a very special dog ...big pats to her !

Lisa & Gerald said...

Hey Lori!
I just gave you an award for your journal! I always love visiting your blog in the early mornings every day! Always so peaceful posts and pics
Hope you have a great night!
Sending Hugs and kisses your way!

Gayle said...

Is Phoebe a working Therapy Dog, and if so, where do you take her? I think that would be really rewarding work. It takes a special dog, and although mine are special I don't think any of them have enough manners! :) Not yet, anyhow.