Followers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

R&R

 This morning when I went out to do chores, Abbe walked in from the pasture less gimpy than she was yesterday.  Ahah, I thought, maybe not being in a stall at night is helping her.
 Loved the temperature and sunshine.  I don't need a lot of heat to be happy.



 Gary helped me with chores and had another lesson on feeding.  After that he was kind enough to go out and pick the pastures.  And I might add, that when I had a fecal done on the horses in April they were clean....and that's without worming.  The extra work is worth it.
 Sophie hardly ever leaves the back yard, but this morning she ventured out.
 We have so much rhubarb I decided to make a stand out of a little cart and put some out by the road to see if I could sell it.  $3 a bunch.
 Picked some extra to take out to the lake.

 We were invited to a brunch at the Botts.  Carol was happy to get it.
 I've brought you here before...such a warm, welcoming home.

 That's Lake Ontario....
 The Klines were there too...


 Carol and Topper prepared a feast.






 They always take such good care of us.

 That picture over their fireplace is the one I took of Jenny (she was the first to go out in Carol's new kayak) a couple of years ago.
 How's this for a front yard?  No mowing at this cottage.
 As we were leaving we passed this wetland...
 the turtles were sunning themselves.
 Gary had his first duty at the Welcome Center at 2:30.  While he was there I made our first
rhubarb pie of the season.

 While it was baking I went out to pick some flowers.
Voila!
 Jenny stopped up to get a little rototiller and dug up some daylilies to transplant in her back yard.
While she was here I showed her the new set up for the ponies and fed them.
 Wouldn't you know it!  Abbe came in very lame again!  I soaked her foot in cold water.
 Got pretty ambitious in the kitchen.  Made sweet potato salad, put some cucumbers in a brine, baked a batch of croutons and did not have the energy to take more pictures.
I am going to follow Lily's lead and take it easy....watching Harry's Law in 4 minutes.
Night all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Abbe - hope she feels better soon! Great photos . . . and rhubarb pie!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Sounds like an excellent day other than Abbe's leg. The views of Lake Ontario from that lovely home are gorgeous. Love the pie. I'm drooling looking at it. Love the photo of Jen in the kayak.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a busy day and that brunch looks delicious!

Nancy J said...

Lake Ontario, I remember the names from my High School Days, HOMES, what a wonderful view,is it far from your home?Did you also get the perigee Full Moon at your place? Maybe tonight is your turn. Cheers from Jean.

Two French Bulldogs said...

what great pictures!! And rhubbard pie! Yummeee...We think you should publish a cookbook
Snuggles,
Benny & Lily

Cloudia said...

thank you for inviting us on your FULL day! I'm bushed too. Happily :-)


Warm Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } (°>

Janice Grinyer said...

I think I gained 5 lbs looking at those photos! and I would SOOOOoo buy some of your rhubarb if I was there...

Is Abbe having a little bit of green spring grass laminitis going on there? I know as they get older the vet said to watch their thyroid issues - cushings - we have to keep an eye out on Sally the pony...so far so good...

thecrazysheeplady said...

Gorgeous place! Your rhubarb is much taller than mine and mine isn't pink. Different variety or is there something wrong with mine? Tim would love a pie, but I'm not sure when to pick...

Michaele said...

I am always in awe of the great friends you have. That is a beautiful home! Welcoming is just one word for it. I enjoyed this post.