Followers

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Slippin and a Slidin'

Not my favorite day.
We were supposed to have freezing rain around noon, but it arrived early.
When the pups and I went out for morning chores the front paddock 
was a little frozen.
I set up the hay and cleaned all 4 stalls as I knew the horses would have to go in at some point (before I went to a practice with our group...She Sings).



 Just when I was ready to go back in the house it started to rain, so I put 
Little Wonder and Phoebe inside, turned around and went back out to the barn.


I picked up as much hay from the paddock as I could and put it under the shed roof.
Then, I put the horses in for the duration.
All that took me less than 10 minutes, and by the time I got back to the house
it was icy....like walking on marbles.
Our jam was postponed and as the day went on the trees were 
getting covered with ice.

I started a fire and was watching the food channel.
We originally planned on going out to dinner, but with the weather conditions my meeting was cancelled and we had no interest in leaving the premises.
In the meantime, Carina (my friend, the bread maker) surprised me with
a couple of loaves of bread to be used as soup bowls (because she knows I make a lot of soups and she was driving by).
That was a challenge.  I did not have anything needed to make soup.
Checked out the freezer and found a container of black beans (made for black bean burritos).  In the cupboard I had some cannellini beans and I grabbed a bag of our frozen tomato sauce from the back freezer.
Put them all together and voila...
 It never warmed up enough for the ice to leave the trees.  Could be 50 tomorrow.
 Needless to say, the pups were not interested in going ice skating.
 Dinner was delicious.



Night all.


3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Looks like a sloppy day. The ice should melt tomorrow with the warmer temps hopefully. Be careful out there, I hate walking on ice.

Jo said...

Oh wow, that weather looks freezing, Lori. I love the look of your soup and the bread/soup bowls are also yummy looking.

Val Ewing said...

My friends south of here had this weather too. I'm glad we had some of the ice and rain followed with immediate snow. It helped a lot.