Followers

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

And The Rains Came....

Put the horses out after they were grained.  It was spritzing so they hay was placed  under the shed roof.

 By 10:15 there was a torrential downpour...the girls were getting soaked and I put them back in their stalls for the duration. 
I went to Agape after making sure there was a trench near the shed roof so the water would bypass the barn and go where it was supposed to.  A garden rake worked nicely.
Did not get there until 11 o'clock.  This time I started on the elliptical (16 minutes), then the bike (21 minutes) and finished on the treadmill (12 minutes).  Can't go on Friday, so I will have to get there tomorrow instead.
 Home for lunch and a fire....which put me in the nap zone.
 My afternoon was spent doing nothing other than reading.
Dinner was a salad with pears, apples and craisins....
 along with leftover pasta.
 Delish!



Now I need to get back to my book.
Night all.
PS
We must have gotten at least 2 inches of rain.

2 comments:

Dreaming said...

Sounds like a dreary day, and a perfect day for a fire and a good book. What are you reading?

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

We got the same rain on Tuesday night, almost two inches in our rain gauge on Wednesday morning.