Followers

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Ho Hum Ho Hum

A very quiet day on the home front.  The weatherman said we have had thirteen days in a row of this grey and ugmo weather.  It has an impact on my mood....that's for sure.
 Even with the snow we had last night, the paddock is still a mess and the girls were locked in the indoor with hay, while we cleaned stalls.





 Of course, they left a lot of their breakfast so they could go outside and stand in the muck.
 Who knows if they went back in to finish (I doubt it).




 I made an appearance at The Center in my barn clothes, as a friend has volunteered to help strip wallpaper off one of the rooms that (hopefully) will be turned into a cafe.  I wanted to help, but couldn't, as it is being done with the use of a steamer and there was only one available.  Kudos to Rick for giving so much of his time for the Seniors.

This afternoon I did very little.  Sat by the fire and started a new book.  So blah!!!!

Evening chores at 5.  It was very dark tonight and really dark this morning.  Pretty soon we will be adding minutes of light to our days.  By next Tuesday it may be in the low fifties....go figure.
 How many horse pictures can one person post?  Jeeeeezzzzz.
 We even had a simple dinner.  Never served this before.
Meatball sandwiches with a side of corn.  Weird huh?
Tomorrow is another day.  Maybe I will wake up at Agape.
Night all.

PS
As our visit from the Honey Dipper wasn't enough, now our washing machine doesn't work.
Bah, Humbug!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

Dinner looks good to me. Sometimes, it is whatever is leftover. I usually consume cod live oil, in a gelcap, during the blah winter months. Helps with mood.

Dreaming said...

Ah, how I envy your 'do nothing' afternoon! I have taken on too many projects!

Cloudia said...

Wishing all of you better weather (esp the horses). Come for some sun if ya want-

ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
<3
Christmas Flute [me playing]

https://soundcloud.com/icloudia/holidays

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sometimes sitting by the fire with a book is just what you need.

Jo said...

Ah Lori, here's hoping your weather dries up a little. Love the horses' attitude to it all. And of course the kitty! Glad you had downtime in front of the fire with a new book. Warm greetings Jo

Nancy J said...

Maybe the plumbing dept., has one more event, to make it 3 in a row, but the last should be a good one. So hot here, 28C this afternoon, I think of you with snow and cold mornings. Jean.

Birdman said...

What do your horses get for Christmas? Special treats?