Followers

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Coldest Day So Far...

Yesterday morning was tolerable, but this morning!  Fagetaboutit!  The wind made it AWFUL.
 We put the horses in the indoor with some hay while we cleaned the stalls.
It had to be -25 with the windchill.



 When we were finished, I went back in the house to get more hot water and the sun was shining on Gucci, who has a bed under our kitchen table.
 After we got everything set up, we let the horses out to run around for a few minutes.



 Put them in for the rest of the day.  It was only 10 degrees in the barn.

Went to chorus at 10 and got home around noon.  A good rehearsal.

Gary continued to work on the library and I went back to Brockport to get a hair cut.  Also stopped to buy some decorative boxes for my latest brainstorm.

Decided to turn the girls out while I picked their stalls and set up dinner.  Left the indoor open so they could go in and eat more hay, but that did not last very long.




 It started to snow and they were most happy to get tucked in as it was still blowing.
By the way, at 4:30 the barn temperature was 20 degrees.

Before going out I made a quick batch of sauce, which we had on spags with a nice salad.
 We froze 75 bags of sauce this summer and I have been flying through them.  It's a quick sauce and all the ingredients are from our garden.

 Sophie was in her spot.
 Here are the boxes I was talking about.  In the section below the bookshelves (library), I had all kinds of junk from old tax forms to pictures to bank statements to envelopes to blah, blah blah.  Now all that is going to be hidden and will look funky.  When is this project going to end?
 All the paintings are now hung in the living room and hopefully every bit of painting will be done by tomorrow.  Then I have to wait a little longer before the books can go back on the shelves.  Are we there yet????
Taaa Daaaa!  Starting Thursday we should be in the 20s and low 30s for the next week.
The news was a riot tonight.  Atlanta got 2.6 inches of snow and all hell broke loose.  Up here, that is absolutely nothing.  I didn't think it would take rocket science to figure out how to handle it when there were all kinds of advisories in advance.  Duhhhhhh.... (pardon my rudeness...guess I've reached my capacity with conditions up here that are a lot worse than that).
These strange weather patterns could be just the tip of the iceburg.
Night all.

5 comments:

Stephen Andrew said...

I was thinking the same thing about poor Atlanta! What the hell! My favorite part was all the people complaining that the roads weren't plowed...as they were on the road! How they expected a plow to get through when the freeway is a parking lot?
The new paint just looks fabulous. I love the painting of the woman in the red hat. Also I love your hibiscus in the blue and white pot.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love the boxes, great idea!

Too cold here too. Hope it ends for good soon. Enough!

Nancy J said...

Global Warming?? Is this a misnomer? I saw comments on another blog about the snow in Atlanta, people stranded, leaving their cars, walking, staying in shopping malls, were they not ready for the 2.5 inches??I'm sure your girls would be very glad to stay out of the wind.be prepared, for whatever nature hurls your way. Cheers to all, Jean

Michelle said...

It looks so cold. Gucci has the right idea.

Sharon Creech said...

Looks like you are doing spring cleaning very early! xx