Followers

Friday, January 17, 2014

Soup's On

 A few weeks ago Karen was given 7 bales of straw that were leftover from Halloween decorations and we spread them over the front paddock so when it gets wet and freezes there is some good texture for the horses to walk on.  It was really a great move and has worked well.
 Around 30 this morning, but no wind.




I had to go to Rochester for a mammogram and drove past Moon's new barn.  There she was in her own pasture with no blanket (she's had one on all winter) and her grazing muzzle. I don't know why I am so protective of her when she is not here....time to let go.

Fortunately, all went well at the clinic and I was on my way home by 2:15.  By then, the sun was in full bloom!







Chores at 5.  It sure is staying light longer.





Dinner was simple.  A Saint Tim Salad and
 homemade chicken and rice soup, which I made this morning.

Next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we could be back in the single digits.  Ugh!

Time to go out by the fire.
Night all.

6 comments:

Sharon Creech said...

Ah, the sun! The slightly later-staying light! Ahhh. And food looks yum. xx

Grey Horse Matters said...

I'm glad it's a little lighter later each day too. Snow tomorrow morning and then cold next week.

Hope Moon is doing well. It's hard to let go, I know.

Nancy said...

The longer days are much appreciated around here. :)

Birdman said...

After ALL this wonderful food you prepare and eat WHY aren't you and hubby FAT? Answer me that, please!
hahahahaha

Birdman said...

btw
That's a crazy windmill shot... or whatever it is. Great color too.

Michaele said...

Glad the exam went well! We have so much wind right now I can't imagine anyone putting straw down anywhere outside. I too have noticed that the days are already getting longer.