Followers

Monday, July 1, 2013

Do You Think The Rain Will Hurt the Rhubarb???

It's back.  No lawn mowing for me today.






 Lorrie and Moon managed to squeeze in a lesson (drove down the lane) before it started to rain.



After lunch I went to the bank and Wegmans.  Ariana (granddaughter) is going to arrive on Friday night and I'm stocking up so we can have some nice meals while she is here.  Can't wait.

Started dinner and went out to do evening chores.  Gave up and put the girls in for the night...they spent many hours getting soaked.





 Thanks Mom.

 I'm lovin' the peas from our garden.  Stir fry them for a few minutes and ummmmmmmmm.

Coleslaw - cabbage, apple, grapes, carrot and red peppers.

 Gary had grill duty.

 Boneless pork tenderloin ala barbeeeeque.

Mashed potatoes.

 Time to eat.
Night all.

11 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I need to go make dinner now. Your post made me hungry! It was "only" 110 here today. Your rain sounds like heaven.

Dream Valley Ranch said...

Hi Lori!
You have such gorgeous flowers! I didn't realize you were getting so much rain!

Moon looks so pretty in her cart outfit :) and The Girls look gorgeous as always.

Sending hugs,
Sue

Unknown said...

Yum.... dinner looks great and I always love the picks of your horses... your garden is looking lovely too! We've had loads of rain this June and the first day of July as well. I trimmed back the rhubarb and some new stocks have started...
Been a very wet spring in New England!
Deb

Anonymous said...

rain, rain, rain... you're really gettin' it over there, aren't you.
I bet the girls were glad it get a break from it.

The Dancing Donkey said...

I don't think much of anything will hurt the rhubarb. It's tough stuff, which is a good thing considering.

Val Ewing said...

If the rhubarb gets some sort of mold it may...
Here we had about 5 days that it hasn't rained since April.
Although we now have had 3 sunny days.

I hope things clear up for you !

Two French Bulldogs said...

We don't know but mom loves rhubarb
Snorts,
Benny & Lily

Sharon Creech said...

Just picked some rhubarb for pie!
And now I've got to make 'your' dinner - esp. the peas, slaw and pork. Ohmygosh you make me SO hungry.
xx

allhorsestuff said...

Huh, We've Got The 90'S , Not Typical For These Parts! You Have"Our" Rains!

How It Gets Warmer Drier Soon!

Terry said...

Those day lilies are crazy!
Love seeing Moon in her lessons.

Gayle said...

That dinner looks absolutely wonderful!! Peas already? So lucky. I just got my first flower... partly my fault as I haven't been getting everything enough water. We've been in the 80's and 90's for at least 3 weeks now. So not normal for us, but I'm loving it.

Sorry I haven't been by to visit. I miss reading your blog (and all the others). I've been so busy I haven't looked at any, but will try to get caught up. I'm catching my blog up sharing all the things I've done the last month.