Followers

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Humdinger....

 Early this morning everything looked blue.  (Before 7)




 The light was very different when I went out to the barn.  PLENTY of snow.
























 I took a break from shoveling to do some drumming.  Not too many people braved the weather today.



By the time I got back to the farm the sun was out.









 The late afternoon light was my clue to go out and do chores.








 We shoveled a couple of wide paths for the girls so they could move around and get into the indoor if they wanted ... of course they chose to trudge around in other places.  We got about 14 inches of snow and after Gary shoveled half of the driveway (he got a head start doing it twice yesterday) had someone plow the rest of the deep area back to the barn.  Tonight I did a little more shoveling in the paddock and need to stretch out on the couch.

Last week I froze some leftover chicken French and tonight I heated it up and put it on a humungus salad.  Tasted great with that crusty bread.
There may be sun and a warm up in the near future.
Night all.

23 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

glad to hear you survived Nemo!

Cloudia said...

you just blew my mind!


Sending YOU Aloha
from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >

Buttons Thoughts said...

Is it not the most beautiful time of year. Awesome photos.
Hug B

Nancy J said...

That is one big dump, glad you are safe, have power, all girls and boys warm and cosy.Lovely photos, blue colour fantastic.Your title, I haven't heard that for so many years, My Dad used that phrase, and not when snow fell, we didn't get any on our farm, but maybe when a cow calved, or rain fell. Very fitting !! Greetings from Jean.

Nancy J said...

News update on NZ TV at 5.30 p.m . power outages very widespread. Hugh missed the actual number, but massive. Stay safe. Greetings, Jean

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

I've kept an eye on the radar and wondering how much you got. Your pictures are beautiful!

Jo said...

Oh my word! What spectacular and challenging weather! I sit here in East Africa in shorts and t, and a fan keeping me cool (and it's 8.19am!) Your photos are excellent, Lori. You should showcase them, or at least put a copyright on each one to prevent people using them without your permission. Wrap up warmly and enjoy your Sunday. Jo

Willow said...

Gosh you have gorgeous snow photos ! We must have gotten the same storm ~ only my post photos aren't quite that charming! I was a bit too cranky about the power outage and didn't get one photo with a critter in it !

Oak Creek Ranch said...

That's a lotta snow!

Martine said...

Great photos!
Enjoy the pristine whiteness before the thaw!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Gorgeous photos!

Jen said...

Can't say I miss real snow, but the virtual stuff is GORGEOUS! Such pretty pictures. I've gotten some of those "blue" shots too, in the early morning (that and "pink" ;o) I have to say it looks nicer with the snow, though. Brrr.

Birdman said...

All these stunning shots and FOOD too? Perfect.

MTWaggin said...

Lovely snow (we were happy with the 3" we got last night). Glad you are shoveled out (know that is a pain) and you all made it through without incident.

Karen said...

Woooo..... so scrumptious! And the food looks good too.

So, how many cans of shaving cream does it take to create a winter wonderland?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Ack!!! Wish I was there!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Beautiful! That is lots of feets of snow
Benny & Lily

Nea said...

Beautiful pictures, love the one of the tree through the window. Stay warm.

Terry said...

Beautiful photos! Love that blue light, and the arch.

fromsophiesview said...

Blue ~~~ makes snow look beautiful!!!

Michelle said...

I love the blue tint on the first few pictures! Glad you guys are surviving!

Willow said...

Okay today Since you inspire me to it I did finally get up the ponies playing in the aftermath of the blizzard this morn lol We noticed today out in the back, back the storm downed one of our old tall Cedars was really sad to loose it

Stephen Andrew said...

So beautiful! I so wish we'd get more snow here. How lucky your girls are, rain or shine you attend to their every need!