Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

WOKE UP TO 29 DEGREES AND WIND....

 Chilly Willy!  Back to winter a winter hat and gloves.
 Was it really near 80 a few days ago?

 Jill and Chester were here for chores.
 On their way out, you could see how much Belle means to Jill.
 It is very fortunate that she has the option of going to visit her in her new home.
 I sure hope that we can stay connected too.  She has been a great help to me with the horses and we have had fun going to the market and talking food.  
Besides, she'll have to come back to visit Lily and Sophie.
 I think Chester has had some good times at the farm.
 Anyway, with the windchill...it was very cold.....maybe below 20.

 I went out and picked the pastures when everything else was done.

 This afternoon Gary and I went down to get new cell phones.  What an ordeal....it took forever and we still don't have them.  We are on the conservative end in that department, as we only use them for making and taking calls.  No music, no texting, no online connection.  I know there are people out there who really need some of those things, but boy!  it sure has turned this into a rude society.  Too many people are addicted, and don't think they can survive unless they are constantly attached in some way.  You know what I mean.  And why do some people use such LOUD voices when they are talking in public places (like restaurants).  What a way to have a good meal ruined.  Texting!!!!!Yikes!  Today we were told that some of the younger techies text up to 6000 messages a month.  "Hi."  "Hey."  "Where are you?" "What did you have for lunch?" OMG!  Empty conversations....  And of course, all children need them in case of an emergency.  At the college level, they need to get warnings if they use them.  What a pain in the butt.  Can't anyone ever say no to some of this stuff?
I guess that's enough on that subject.

On to dinner.
 Chopped up some tomatoes and green onions...washed some fresh spinach....
First I sauteed the onion, added some orzo and chicken stock...then the spinach and tomatoes.
 Made a quick salad...romaine, pears, apple, onion and homemade croutons.

 Delish.

At 7 I went out to do chores.  Had been sitting by the fire and was all cozy until I went out the door.
May go down to the teens tonight.  The farmers with orchards are in a panic.

 The sun was going down by the time I finished.


 That moon was just staring at me when I went back to the house.
Night all.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely end to a beautiful day! Thanks for all the great pics! They take me there to where you are, and I can smell the hay and the leathery aroma of horses and hear their peaceful sounds.

Val Ewing said...

OHHHH...this is beautiful. I don't mind the word verification, it is a good thing.

That last shot...wwwwowww!

We woke to the 30's and rain.
Typical March weather, but we've been spoiled!

Two French Bulldogs said...

29! Yikes, freezing
Benny & Lily

Sharon Creech said...

Wow - it's so GREEN up there - and that last moon shot - stunning. Bet the swinging temps are a shock, tho. Stay warm.

Victoria Cummings said...

I saw that slipper moon last night when I took the dog out before bed. Beautiful photo! And man, it's cold. Such crazy weather - at least it didn't kill my little peony buds that are poking up out of the ground. I want Spring to come back now, please.

forgetmenot said...

A cold but beautiful morning. I'm with you on cell phones--so tired of pulling up to a stoplight, looking across the lanes and seeing virtually EVERYONE using a cell phone. And, then when I try to call my children--I get their voicemail!!!!! Hope it warms up there--Spring is definitely here in Kansas. Your dinner always looks SOOOOOO good. Have a great day. Mickie :)

Grey Horse Matters said...

We were freezing too and it was so windy the horses were all a little nutty going out and coming in.

Pictures and dinner all look wonderful.

I agree with you about the cell phones and texting etc. I just have a phone for emergencies and keep it in the car. Last week some kid almost had a head on with me while he was texting. I was sitting at a light waiting to make a turn and he was headed straight for me. There was a dump truck coming to my right so I couldn't even get out of the way. I"m lucky he finally listened to my horn and looked up. Guess they think they're invincible because they are so young. Then again I've seen adults doing it too. Don't know why everyone feels the need to be connected 24/7, I know I'm not that interesting and no one really cares what I'm doing every minute of the day. Can't figure out either why no one is comfortable being with themselves either. Sorry this was so long but it's one of my pet peeves on the road, in the grocery store, in eateries etc...

Oak Creek Ranch said...

You can see how much Belle means to Jill, but what I really noticed was how much Jill means to Belle. Those are some really sweet shots of them together. I'm glad she will still be able to visit Belle. It will be good for both of them.
My daughter is one of those kids who texts constantly. I don't understand it either. I like being able to text my kids and Brett but I get tired of it quickly. Hello and goodbye. I'd rather be reading blogs. LOL.

Gayle said...

I don't think I ever realized just how much time it must take for you to pick the fields and keep them so clean. That's a lot of area!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Love the full farm view with all that green grass. How did everyone survive the cold the other night?

Terry said...

The farm is looking really good.
I love those golden light photos.
You sure showed Chester how good life at Skoog Farm is. He'll be back.