Followers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

THE DEBATE...



I am glued to the PBS coverage of the debate and will chime in later.

It is now later...simply, McCain listened to the critics regarding the use of low blows (he knew enough not to "take off the gloves") and how it was hurting him more than helping him, and Obama was much more presidential in the way he responded.  Obama's counter punches neutralized many of McCain's comments.  To me there was no comparison.  As for Ms. Palin, she continues to say things that only hurt both of them...comes off as desperation.  This debate did not frustrate me nearly as much as hers did.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I find it curious that McCain picked Palin if she's hurting him so much. I can't imagine the people around him are idiots as I'm sure Obama's people aren't idiots. There's a whole lot of research, etc. that goes into these decisions...it appears to even me...the political idiot...that this was not in his best interest. It would be interesting to be on the inside on both sides...no matter how much you support one or the other they are still politicians and we never get 100% of the truth. It's a given that some of what they say they have no intentions of trying to do...I guess it is up to us to figure out which parts to believe and then chose a guy to vote for. I've got a lot to learn over the next month. :) Oh, and I missed the debate. We had another basketball game (I would have to be dying to miss my kids' sports).