Followers

Saturday, August 2, 2008

PREPARATIONS FOR TOMORROW...


















It's about that catering job I have....refer to White Farm pictures from yesterday...
After I did chores and finished mowing the lawn, I went down to Wegmans to buy groceries.
The list was long and I was just taking my time.  Ran into Paul and his daughter Maxine (who cried when I got out my camera).  Checked out, got in the car to go home around 3:50 AND I REMEMBERED!!!!!  I totally forgot to go to the bakery to pick up the five pies I ordered! Stepped on the gas and drove straight to Bergen...not only was the SHUT sign up, not a soul was in the building.  (Closed at 4pm and it was 4:10).  Ran to the Deli two doors down and asked if they knew the owners name.  They did! and gave me a phone number that was no longer in service.  So I called another number with the same last name and asked if they were related to the people who owned the bakery.  THEY WERE!  YEY!  They told me where they lived and it was only 5 houses from the corner.  This was my lucky day.  Diane was home and followed me back to the bakery....I GOT THE PIES!!!! (now it is 10pm...I am finishing the chicken for the chicken salad and am boiling a huge pot of beets that I want to pickle...it is going to be a very long night).  I would not be so far behind, but Gary invited a friend to dinner.  Between the time I got home (5pm) and 6:30, I made sweet potato salad, fed the horses, swept the kitchen floor and had no time to take a shower while he was grilling some marinated pork tenderloin.  My legs were covered with mud, as I got the lawn tractor stuck and while I was spinning the tires it flew all over the place.  Fortunately, a not too happy Gary pushed me out.  Dining in barn clothes is not too unusual around here...pretty as a picture!!!

1 comment:

Lisa & Gerald said...

sounds like you been a real busy lady! Hope everything goes well for you today!