Followers

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

WHAT'S COOKIN?




I have never talked about cooking, and want to say that it is something I really enjoy.  When I was just a kid I waitressed and cooked in several restaurants.  My Mom was a chef at a place called the Red Coach Inn and later cooked at a restaurant in Bemus Point, NY.  When I was growing up, we lived on Chautauqua Lake and had a fishing camp.  Quite frequently my Mom would whip up a dinner for 40 or more, and this apple did not fall far from the tree.  I have done a little catering and continue to cook for large events that have been held at the Farm.
This is what we had for dinner tonight...I sliced up 2 boneless pork chops and marinated them with onion and par boiled carrots for several hours.  Gary grilled it in a basket.  On the side I had Rosa Marina and a salad (romaine and our spinach) with cap berries, strawberries, blueberries and banana... a little crumbly blue cheese and poppy seed dressing.  Yummmm!!!

1 comment:

CoyoteFe said...

Yes, you should talk about cooking. I have to go find something to eat now ...