Followers

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A Pause Between Raindrops....

Low 40s this morning.  It took a long time for the sun to appear.
 We are still having a lot of strong wind and the loose shingles continue to blow off the barn roof.





 After chores I grabbed a quick shower as I had a 10:30 meeting at the Town Hall.
Home by noon and the weather had improved.
 I worked on the house and made some johnny cake, as 5 members of our jam group
were coming over to rehearse for our gig on May 13th.
 I picked yellow tulips for the kitchen table.
 Little Wonder was  in his modeling mood and

 I can always count of Phoebe.







 After everyone arrived, we were so busy playing I forgot to take pictures.

 I need to prepare 14 vases of flowers for a reception after a memorial service being held on Saturday.  The way the weather has been going, we won't have any daffodils left and I hope the tulips aren't destroyed.





Gary is still working at Sara's and got home after a meeting.
We have heavy rain coming tomorrow through Saturday and the roofer is not going to get here before it starts.  So, he went out and bought a tarp and climbed up


a very high ladder to cover that area in order to protect the house until it can be repaired.
So far it has leaked in a bedroom and down to the library on the first floor.
He should not being doing this stuff!






 Dinner....rice and beans (leftover chili) with a side salad and Johnny Cake.
 This evening was the most beautiful part of the day.





I need a nap.
Night all.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

You're tight ,Gary should not be owing this stuff! Hope the forecasters are wrong and there's no more rain. Cute puppy pic!

Val Ewing said...

LW sure is the model! Whew! I showed Morris his photos and Morris simply gazed off in the distance as if he didn't have a care in the world.
Humpf.