Followers

Friday, July 22, 2016

A Hot Tip From Roger

The air was heavy this morning and I could not stand it....
so hot outside last night we could not even open up the windows.



 I made sure the girls had plenty of hay and water and put the fan on.
The pastures don't have much to offer, tho they continue to pick at what's left of the grass.
We are officially in a drought, if not a severe drought.
 Before 9 I was on the phone with Judy and we decided to get our exercise in the pool.
Tina and Roger's pool.  No Agape for me.
 We treaded water for almost 90 minutes and it was no effort at all.  
Roger came out to say hello and I asked him if he liked the cabbage I sent home last Tuesday.  Well, he told us about two dishes he made out of it and that's all I needed to hear.



 Mid afternoon I drove down to Weggies to get some bacon.

When I got back to the farm, spoke to Daniela as today is her birthday.  I grabbed this collage off her Mom's FB page...she is so grown up.  High School in September and still going strong playing soccer this summer.
So what did I do with that bacon?
I sliced four pieces into small bits and browned them in a frying pan.
Set them aside and added one chopped onion to the drippings.
(In the meantime I shredded 1/2 of a cabbage and used
 a potato peeler to add some carrot curls for color)

 Then....I removed the pan from the heat and added 4 tablespoons of cider vinegar and
2 tablespoons of brown sugar to the onions.
Finally, I wisked in about 1/2 cup of mayo and created a nice sauce.


 Added the bacon and tossed.  Spiced it up with salt, pepper and celery salt.
 SO DELICIOUS!!!!!
Gary grilled some corn
 and country ribs.
 What a great meal!
Try this recipe....you are going to get hooked!
Night all.

5 comments:

Jo said...

What a beautiful young lady Daniela has become. That cabbage recipe looks great. I'll try it your way for Grant and make mine without the bacon.

Val Ewing said...

Wow that sounds absolutely yummy! I have made the may/apple/sugar dressing for cabbage salad and my hubby loves it.
This sounds incredible.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Did you eat the cabbage salad cold like Cole slaw? It sounds delicious!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hot and dry here too, and a pool sounds like the perfect escape!

The recipe sounds perfect too - Thanks for sharing! Stay cool and enjoy your weekend!

Grey Horse Matters said...

The cabbage salad sounds great, I'll try it! So hot here too, we could use some rain.