Friday, April 29, 2016

This Was A Marathon Day!

 Gucci received flowers from our friends Carol and Topper.  They were on our doorstep when I got home last night and today Sara dropped off Rhubarb bread and a nice note.  We have such great and compassionate friends!

This morning was chilly and we had more mackerel scales in the sky.

 Phoebe had to wear her sweater again.

 They have been making a lot of progress on the house being built in the back forty.
 By 9:30 I was down at The Center delivering flowers, helping to hang up paintings and helping Chris Wilson with a sound check.  He was setting up for a benefit concert being held tonight on behalf of the Sweden Senior Seniors and there was a lot that had to be done.
 Chris graduated from Brockport High School and has performed all over the world.  Everywhere from Croatia to living in Hong Kong for two years.  He has an amazing voice, is an extraordinary musician and writes beautiful music.

 Things were looking pretty good when I left...lots of help from 
Deanna (who was very organized), Roger, Barb and Sal.

At 2pm I went to the college for the Inauguration of the 7th President of the 
State University of New York College at Brockport.
 It was held at the SERC.

 There must have been close to a thousand people there, including many dignitaries.
Rochester Mayor/Lovely Warren, The County Executive/Cheryl Dinolfo, Lt. Governor/Kathy Hocul,
Nancy Zimpher/Chancellor/State University of New York and many more.
 Heidi Macpherson has been here for 9 months and has brought so many good things to the college and community.  She is the first woman to become President and is off to a smashing start.

 There was a performance interlude, presented by the Sankofa African Drum and Dance Ensemble.
Many of the drummers are from our Saturday drumming group and as usual, they were outstanding and added so much energy to the event.
 At the conclusion of the swearing in, there was a reception loaded with all kinds of food and drinks.
 After that I got my haircut and didn't get home until 5:30.
Just enough time for Gary to get cleaned up, feed Phoebe and get down to The Center for the concert.
 Chris is standing with Maryellen G., who used to be his music teacher.  She is the director
of the Sweden Senior Singers.
 The music started at 7 and he played until 8:30, doing a few covers and many of his original songs.
The place was filled to capacity and he was amazing.

 The chorus members contributed volumes of desserts and coffee was available at the conclusion of the program.
 Those who attended were very happy with the entire evening and could not wait to buy Chris's CDs.
We bought two of them....
A crazy day....but well worth all the effort it took  from 7:00am-9:30pm.
Night all.


  1. Even in the midst of grief, sadness and loss, the day still goes on.Flowers, how caring, and what a talented man Chris is, I could listen all night.

  2. Hi Lori - What a full day! You are always doing such a wide variety of activities. I'm getting ready to leave KSA for the summer. Bought a place in Olalla, WA last summer. Hope life is good with you!

  3. Your days always make me tired! And, on top of your CRAZY schedule, you find time to take and put up great pictures, making a wonderful photo journal, and the write about it. Yikes! You have far more stamina than I!!
    Hugs to you all and special love for Phoebe.

  4. Very caring of your friends to remember Gucci. How is Phoebe doing?

    Your days are so busy I'd never keep up with you.


Thank you for reading The Skoog Farm Journal. I do not have google+ and am unable to comment on those blogs. Would love to reach some of you and need email addresses. Your comments are appreciated.