Followers

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Starting With Last Night....

Last night I was looking out the kitchen window and was all stretched out on a chair 
with a full view of the moon.  Gary brought me my little point and shoot so I could try to take some photos through the windows.  (I did not want to get up).

 Gucci climbed up on the couch on her own.  She and Phoebe were keeping me company.
 This morning it was a different story.  When I took the dogs out, Gucci went to the bathroom and immediately sat down.  Still felt like a dish rag and I had to carry her to the back yard.
 She stayed in the house while Phoebe and I went out to do chores.


 It was a little cool, but a very beautiful morning.
I decided to drag the indoor and outdoor arenas
(you just watch...it will rain).

 Gary planted about 100 onions today.
 Gucci would not eat this morning, but after her meds she perked up a little and wandered to her most recent favorite spot....the corner of the downstairs bathroom behind the toilet.  Her breathing was still elevated but she looked a little better
 At 1 I drove down to A Different Path Gallery for the Sunday jam, 
not knowing if I could play my uke with my arm all wrapped up.
 I could...and it was a great distraction.

 Roseanne is back after spending the winter in Florida.  So nice to have her here.  
Great voice and a fine musician.


 As usual, we had a great time.
 When I got home, it was time to come up with an idea for dinner 
and I decided to make corn chowder.



 By chore time, it had cooled off.
 See that little black kitty?  When it was only a couple months old I would catch it running out of the barn.  I'm pretty sure it was eating most of the cat food I've been putting in the feed room.  Now, it must be approaching 4 or 5 months and won't come near us.  Yesterday when Karen got to the barn it was in Maggie's stall on the window ledge.  At least it is getting food and has shelter.
Let's see how long it takes to accept us.  Tonight she/he was in the back pasture.




 The girls were tucked in by 7.

When I got back in the house, Gucci had jumped up on a chair.  A good sign, and I still have my fingers crossed regarding her blood test.  This afternoon she ate some organic turkey, but not much else.
She seemed to be improving.
 We had corn chowder for dinner...topped with chives from our garden.
Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Night all.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope Gucci continues to do well.

The Dancing Donkey said...

Did they figure out what is wrong with little Gucci? I hope she is better soon.

Jo said...

What a sweet kitty. I'm please Gucci is looking better. My 110lb Lab pup likes to squeeze in behind the toilet, like Gucci did. Your moon shots are great, Lori. Have a great day. Jo

Grey Horse Matters said...

Beautiful shots of the moon. Hope they can figure out how to help Gucci when the blood tests are done.

Two French Bulldogs said...

It sure has been a beautiful moon lately
Lily & Edward

C-ingspots said...

Hope your sweet little Gucci feels all better really soon! Your chowder looks so yummy, and loaded with veggies. All good!