Followers

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Not The Same....

A long day full of tears and distractions.





 After several deliveries, there was a lot of activity going on in the back 40.

 Angel and Maggie seemed very curious and chose to graze in the back pasture
so they could enjoy the view.

 Class at 10:30 in the Studio.

 Tina brought Gucci flowers.

 Both pups were with us for class...I did not want to leave Gucci in the house by herself.




 At 1pm Phoebe had an appointment with the groomer and Gucci rode with us in the car.
That was the last time these two saw each other and Phoebe was looking for her sister when I picked her up at 3.  Half an hour earlier, after consulting with Dr. Edwards, we confirmed that it was time to let Gucci go...and we did.  Phoebe could not find her in the car.  She will have to make quite an adjustment and is getting lots of hugs.  As hard as it was, I did not want Gucci to continue going down hill and I knew it was time.
Doesn't Phoebe look great in this after photo?
 Gary watched Finn and Coop this afternoon and we went to Barber's for a balboa so I did not have to make dinner.  Today was emotionally exhausting and I was a wreck most of the day.

 At 7 I went over to Hartwell Hall to do a photo shoot.
Really needed to focus on something else.

 For years I have been going to the dress rehearsal for Sankofa, where I have been 
allowed to take photographs.
 I hope you have your tickets.  Once again it is loaded with outstanding performances by dancers and percussionists.
I will post pictures and videos soon.  
Night all.

12 comments:

Marcy said...

I'm so sorry you lost sweet Gucci. You are in my thoughts tonight. Thank you for sharing this with your readers.

farm buddy said...

I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

Nancy J said...

Sharing loss and your grief, so special, and although I know what I would like to write, the words somehow do not seem anywhere near enough. For those of us who have been there, we know that empty space, and the chair by itself. In my thoughts too.

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

I am so sorry. Such a hard decision to have to make. It takes brave and compassionate person to make that decision. Much admiration from me to you and Gary. Hugs.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Oh Lori, I'm so sorry and sad to hear about Gucci. I know it's one of the hardest decisions to have to make. There are no words to make you feel better and ease the heartache. I hope it helps to know that I am thinking of you and Gucci and Phoebe and that the pain of your loss will lessen soon. Hugs and best wishes to your whole family and everyone who loved her. Rest in peace sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. She was so sweet and so special. Hope all your good memories help in time.

thecrazysheeplady said...

{{{Hugs for all}}}

B : ) said...

Lori, my heart is with you.

Val Ewing said...

Tears here and wishing I could hug you.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh my goodness we are so so sad. Run free sweet Gucci. My Benny is waiting for you to play
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

I am so, so sorry about Gucci. I've loved seeing her pictures on your blog. I'm sure there were many amazing dogs, my little Bear among them, waiting to greet her. Hugs.

Jo said...

Oh Lori, I'm so very sad for the loss of your dear Gucci. I've been away and I saw in your most recent post that you only featured Phoebe. I scrolled down until I found this post. I'm sorry but know you made the right decision. Big hugs for Phoebe all the way from South Africa. Blessings Jo