Followers

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!

Was the gorgeous sunrise a good sign for the coming year?




 Very cold, but it started off quietly.  Karen, Lorrie and I did chores as usual...we are in such a groove.

 Even tho Moon has been naughty, I worry about her going to another barn.  Hopefully it will be smooth sailing and things will work out for the best.  I sure don't want her to get hurt... ever again.

 The Florida Babes had sheets put over their blankets this morning and I covered the other three girls tonight.  There is some weather on the way along with a snow advisory and we will be lucky to stay above 0 the next couple of nights.





 When I got back in the house, Phoebe and Gucci were sitting in the middle of sunbeams.

 (This shot of Phoebe is for Suebeedoo and Beah)


When I got on my computer, no matter what I did....it talked to me!  It sure was not like that yesterday when Roger and Daryl came over to work on it.  Now I have a lot more ram and the speed has increased.  Anyway, I called Roger (my go to techie guru) and he helped me out.  Could not stand that annoying, robotic voice!

My friend Barb came over before noon and we cased out the village to see what restaurants were open for lunch.  We settled on the Millhouse and had a chance to catch up. Of course I forgot to take pictures.

Took some warm water out for the horses and gave them more hay when I got home.


 They got tucked in at 5 and hopefully their second layers will keep them warm.  The temperature in the barn was about 24 degrees.  Who knows what it will be tomorrow morning.






Dinner was very simple.  Veggie burgers and coleslaw....so good.

I hope you all got off to a good start and will have 365 happy and healthy days ahead of you.  Once again, I can't say enough about how much I appreciate having met you through this Journal.  You make my day and keep me tuned in to your lives.  Don't you wonder how we get connected?  All the people I communicate with have not only been interesting, they are kind, thoughtful and caring....with so much to offer.  So far, I have met 5 or 6 of you in person, and I look forward to meeting more.  It would be so much fun to have a big gathering at our farm.  A lot of us communicate with the same people.  Grey Horse, Michaele, Maery Rose, Val, Lily, Susie, Kim at Golden Pines, Dreaming, Jill, Carol, KC, Lily Hydranga, KC, Michelle, Feral Woman, Buttons, Suebeedoo, Dancing Donkey, Annette, Brett, thecrazysheeplady, Kate, Victoria, Sophie, Patrice, Sharon, Karen, 3 Nancys, Stephen Andrew, Ken Mac, the coyote, Rebecca-San and the list goes on.  Thank you for sharing! It has not only been a pleasure, it has been an education!  And what a way to travel around the world!  Esther, Mike and Ann, Anne, Ronnelle, Jo, Nea.....

Night all you sweet souls!

12 comments:

Dream Valley Ranch said...

Lori-Beah loved Phoebe's pretty tongue-he considers it his special birthday greeting :D I hope everyone stays toasty and warm tonight! Happy New Year from all of us to you and the whole gang!!! I also hope we get to meet in person some day-what a blast that would be with your amazing and positive energy! Lots of hugs to all of you! Xoxo Suebeedoo and the critters, too!

Dream Valley Ranch said...

Lori-Beah loved Phoebe's pretty tongue-he considers it his special birthday greeting :D I hope everyone stays toasty and warm tonight! Happy New Year from all of us to you and the whole gang!!! I also hope we get to meet in person some day-what a blast that would be with your amazing and positive energy! Lots of hugs to all of you! Xoxo Suebeedoo and the critters, too!

Marcy said...

I love reading your blog every day. The Internet is so wonderful the way it can connect perfect strangers. I found you through the Crazy Sheep Lady. I'm hoping to go to Rhinebeck next fall for the first time and cruise New Englad for the colors. It's a long trek from California, but has been on my "list" for many years and if I'm lucky, I will be able to meet the people like you that so generously share their lives.
Happy New Year.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Happy New Year
Lily

Grey Horse Matters said...

Beautiful sunrise pictures! I hope we all have a great year and maybe someday we will get a chance to meet. It's been a pleasure getting to know you through your posts.

Love all your animals and family. I hope Moon does well at her new place too.

Happy New Year!

Nancy J said...

Did I see on our news that a huge storm is coming to the North-East? Hope you all stay safe and warm, super sunrise. Greetings to all, Jean.p.s. to meet, what a wonderful gathering that would be, I dream!!!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Stay warm! Brett and I are thinking about a trip out to NY in the fall... if all the stars align.

Cloudia said...

Good luck, dear Moon



ALOHA
from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^=

Stephen Andrew said...

Brrr. Here too! Monday our HIGH is -2. Really is too bad about Moon. Especially because it seems you and Lorrie have such a nice friendship. I'm sure morning chores are much easier when you have a partner who you enjoy!

Jo said...

Dear Lori, what a heart-warming post. I met you through Lynda's blog when I lived in South Africa and she in Tanzania! Now she is in SA and I am in Tz. I also got to :"know" you better when we both visited Esther's blog. It's wonderful knowing you, and I always feel so relaxed after visiting your farm, albeit via Blogger! Thanks for your lovely comment on my New Year's post! Greetings, Jo

thecrazysheeplady said...

I'm in! :-D

Unknown said...

Hello Lori. I quite agree with what you say of 'Blogging'. Here in the U.K. we've met probably ten or a dozen people who keep blogs, and they've all been friendly, outgoing, types. I suppose the people who keep this sort of journal, are by the very nature of things friendly and outgoing. Over the last six or seven years we've made some very good 'blogfriends' who it's been a pleasure to know; not least those at Skoog Farm.

Keep it up, please Lori; and we'll endeavour to do the same.

Warm Regards, Mike and Ann.