Followers

Monday, January 27, 2014

And I Thought Chicago was the Windy City!

I hope we all survive 'til Saturday went it is supposed to hit 38.

We had a few inches of snow last night and a lot of blowing.  The temperature actually went up during the night and down today.  I don't even want to know what it was with the wind.







 Can you see it blowing in the back 40?
 It's a darn good thing the sun was out.





 The farrier came at 9:30.  Both girls (Berlin and Abbe) were perfect for her....long overdue for a trim, but they just don't grow that fast in the winter.
 Fortunately the grooming room is insulated and it was not too bad in there.

 Before lunch I went down to Wegmans in my stinky barn clothes....did I care?
 By then the roads had been plowed and they were not too bad.
 Windchills could be lower than -25 tomorrow so I'll bet many of the schools will be closed.
 Sidney almost fell off the bed during his snooze.
 I woke him up when I walked in the room.


 The girls toughed it out the whole day and got tucked in before 5.
 This is how light it was at 5:35.
 Gary painted part of the day and then went down to Jen's to watch Finn and Coop.
I made dinner and had it ready when he got home.
 BBQued boneless ribs...
 an apple/carrot/craisin salad
 Johnny Cake and sweet potatoes.
Yum.
Night all.
I am so tired!!!

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

Your posts make me feel like i've lived a good day at your farm



ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

Grey Horse Matters said...

Ridiculous weather! Love Sidney, so cute.