Followers

Friday, June 14, 2013

Back On Track....

The weather was much more Junelike today.
 At 11:30 we had a couple of visitors...Julie and her son Logan.
 Look at that face!
Julie grew up in the house next door and currently lives in the Albany area.  It was so good to see her and meet the baby.  She is an artist and is very involved with environmental issues...one very sharp cookie.  Next on her agenda is setting up a studio so she can start teaching at home.
 No matter what, I was going to finish my book today.  Put up the umbrella next to the studio, turned on some classical music, and sat there until "the end."
 Evening chores at 5.







 The girls love spending time in the indoor.

I think the peas are growing at least 6 inches a day with all this water....
 We've had a taste of our first strawberries.


I went down to Wegmans to shop for father's day and Jen's birthday (which we will celebrate with a dinner tomorrow night).  Well guess what...I left the grocery money at home on the kitchen table.  That really ticked me off.  So, I picked up a chicken salad sub with the money I had hanging around in my camera bag (purse) and drove back to the farm.  Maybe I can get this straight tomorrow, 'cause I have no intention of going back there tonight..

Made a quick fruit salad and we were set...tasted just fine.
 Speaking of food...I spent some time reading "Cook's Illustrated."  Thank you again Auntie Reg (came to the farm with thecrazysheeplady from Kentucky).

This is the before picture of the garden Gary is working on tonight...will show the after later.
 Before 7 am and around 7pm the light is so beautiful.


 I can't tell you how happy I am to have the day lily rat's nest gone from this side of the house.
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify....





 Goodnight ladies.

and Night to you all.
Dreaming said things were slightly better in her Colorado neighborhood...still, almost 400 houses have been destroyed by the fire.

5 comments:

Sharon Creech said...

Beautiful light, beautiful day, beautiful people and ponies and fleurs, ahhhhh. xx

Michelle said...

That is a sweet, little baby face.

Stephen Andrew said...

I've never been a fan of day lilies myself...so I'd second the opinion that it's better off a strawberry bed! Oh your property just looks so lush and gorgeous. What a lovely place!

Birdman said...

I'm a bit partial to that early morning light, but both I can stand. Get the camera!

Mary said...

To simplify is always a good thing, i think.

Glad your weather has improved. We are having gorgeous, warm, sunny weather here in Oregon. I'll enjoy every minute, because eventually we will have the Oregon rain. (But i don't want to jump too far ahead of myself.)

I love these photos of your girls. So beautiful. Have a wonderful birthday dinner tomorrow evening! :)