Followers

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Still Waiting for Spring....

 I woke up at 5:20 and the moon was so bright I put on my bathrobe and went out to grab a few shots.
 Of course I did not go back to sleep....started some laundry, ate breakfast, checked my email etc.
Within an hour we had a gorgeous sunrise.









 All kinds of rays were reaching into the kitchen.



At least it started out sunny....




Took a shower and got ready for class.






I featured Sandy in the post below...check it out.

Cooper was not feeling well today, so Grampa went down at noon so Jenny could go to work.

During class we had started talking about restaurants and food, making us all very hungry....ended up going out to lunch with Sally.  I started to fade in the afternoon as I got up way too early...
didn't even have the energy to read.  We hit 40 degrees and it was very grey with the possibility for some bad weather on the way.  Boooooooooooooooooo.

At least the fire made me happy.

Evening chores around 5:45...lots of wind.  It seems that the girls are not interested in standing still for me, so I have not gotten a decent picture in ages.


 Look at which one rolled today....for a change it wasn't Abbe.
 Easy dinner.
 A simple salad and spinach/zuchini pasta with olive oil/a little butter/cooked carrots/ caramelized onions and cheese.  So easy.

 Off duty now.
Night all.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back to have another look to-night.

Your blog and photos and art are a real delight.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I dunno, your easy dinner looks like a lot of work to me. I've been dragging today and yesterday. I think I'm still fighting off a bug from the weekend. Would you pop over and fix me your easy dinner? It looks delish-

Mary said...

The moon was magnificent last night! Someone told me that February's full moon is called the snow moon. I never knew that, though of course, it makes sense. :) What a gorgeous sunrise. We didn't get anything like that this am, lol. Just gray, gray and more gray. Oh well.. i try not to sulk about it, but i'm glad Spring is coming soon! As always, you supper looks mahvelous!

Terry said...

How come Berlin is still shiny, even though she rolled?
By the way, what's Spring?

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

What a great sunrise.
I know how you feel about spring. My peacocks are starting to strut and call so maybe spring is near.

Your students are so talented!

Cloudia said...

awesome photos



ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3
> < } } ( ° >

dianasfaria.com said...

the early bird does indeed catch the worm -you surely captured the best part of the day here Lori!

allhorsestuff said...

FANTASTIC MOON shots!!! Very early morning , indeedy!
Your weather vien from insidewith sunrise was totally creative too. YOU!

Love the pony drawing! It is neat. And dinner inspired me..easy is good, and I think I am having your day from yesterday...a bit tired out..and so much ahead of me today!

Good Morning today , hope it is a goodie for you!

Michaele said...

That window shot is genius! Love the pasta and carrots. I am definitely going to make this!

Gayle said...

+40*...sounds like spring to me! Before you know it your flowers will be blooming. Bummer Cooper is sick... hope he recovers quickly.

Stephen Andrew said...

Oh it was a magnificent sight last night! So, so bright. And the full moon was in Virgo which was good news for me, a Taurus :)