Followers

Saturday, March 31, 2012

A BLAST OF WINTER....

 Well Tina, it's almost the end of the line for the flowers you brought over a couple of weeks ago.
They were the bright spot of the morning, as it SNOWED last night.
 Not what I wanted to see.
 Were the flowers going to survive?
 The girls seemed to do well last night with Abbe's new housing arrangements.

 I think they appreciated having their hay under the shed roof.
 Having two horses is so different.  For the past 30 years I have had an average of 6-8 to take care of.
 The snow really lets you see how the garlic is looking.

Drumming today.
 I don't know if drumming last night had anything to do with it, but today when Khalid had us working hard....my arms were killing me.  Fortunately I survived.

 Just before we quit, the sun came out and by the time I got back to the farm 
everything was green again.


 Put Berlin and Abbe in a little early

 as Gary and I went to the Macaroni Grill for dinner....gift card.  Of course I forgot my camera.

For those of you who are missing Belle, here is a photo of her taken shortly after she got off the trailer at the Double G Ranch.  It was taken by Sharon (ranch owner/manager/trainer) who reported that she was doing very well.  So far so good.  I'm sure she will keep in touch, and I can't wait to see the new indoor they are building.
By the way, there is another Belle at the ranch, so Belle is now Bella.  Beautiful girl.
Night all.

5 comments:

Terry said...

Nice to see Belle/Bella in her new digs.
We were in the upper 70s today, but Monday's high will be in the 30s. I worry when we have big temperature swings.

Thanks for your nice comment on our ranch, but I'm sure the boys would rather have the green grass of Skoog Farm!

LadyFi said...

Oh, I feel for you. After several balmy days, it's back down to -5C and snow and cold winds...

Wonderful snowy shots anyway. How amazing that you live in the Town of Sweden!

Gayle said...

I hope that Bella is happy. From what I've learned from you it seems as though horses don't adjust as easily/quickly as other animals (they seem more human-like). She sure is pretty.

Bummer about the snow. We got some, too, but we still have mounds left. For you, I bet it was a bummer.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I hope you get some warmer weather! Snow at Easter is just wrong.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

How much spam are you getting, for me, luckily it is just a couple. They are very smart, I set it only those with an account can post. They set up a fictitious accout.

Blogger must have changed the verification, they are much easier to decipher, but still annoying.