Followers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

MASTERPIECE IS HANGING ON....

 Went out early to do chores....hoping that Masterpiece was still up.  There he was, waiting for breakfast.
 He was still favoring his right hind, but was able to put weight on it off and on.  When the other horses went out to the pasture, he called for them and hobbled out.
 Checked on the kitties.

 See those ears?  That would be Sophie....she and Newbie would not come down to see me.

 Spent some time making calls about the Duck Derby and had many people stopping by to pick up their shirts today.

 Can hardly keep up with all the veggies that are ready to be eaten.
 Prime time for so many things.
 Jenny came up to help with Masterpiece.  After eating his grain, he wanted to go back out in the pasture.  See his bum knee?
 We found a horizontal mark on his butt and a smaller one on the inside of his right hind.  All I can think of is that he must have gone down and strained himself trying to get up.  Still on bute. 
 He is such a brave boy....never complains.
 Once again, he wanted to go out with the others....ok.....  At this age and time, I will let him do anything he wants and hope for the best.  He has had a lot of friends out there wishing him well.  Jill even called from North Carolina.  So thoughtful and caring.
 Jen picked the pastures for me and I check on Sophie, Lily and Newbie.  That Lily just loves to rub up against your legs.

 I made a banana cream pie for dinner and ended up serving it this afternoon when Jack and Louise stopped in.  Not quite set yet, but delish.

 Homemade pizza for dinner.
Night all.

12 comments:

rebecca said...

Halloooo Lorelei! All I have to say is that I want to be you in my next life. Love your natural, healthy, outdoorsy, physical life. I envy your energy girl. Hope all is well. Hey, did you ever get together with Fe?

Terry said...

Best of luck, PC. Hugs, Lori.

restoration42 said...

I hope Masterpiece recovers quickly. I have learned to appreciate the healing properties of time.

Gayle said...

Sorry about Masterpiece. I'm sure it must be tough for you to watch. Hopefully he's not in too much pain.

Wow..your gardens sure do produce a lot! I have some tomatoes on the vine, but nothing ripe. I got to late of a start and may not end up with anything, but it has been fun. I've at least learned what not to do next year!

Anonymous said...

Sending best wishes for Masterpiece - he's a trooper!

Sally said...

So glad to hear Masterpiece is hanging in there. As the saying goes "Old age is not for sissies" Will be hoping for the best.

Samantha said...

Sending good thoughts for Masterpiece..poor fellow.

Jeni said...

Horses are such stoic creatures. I hope he feels better soon.

That home made pizza .. yum!

Louise said...

Still pulling for Masterpiece. Such a tough old guy.

Victoria Cummings said...

It's so hard when the dear ones are having trouble getting around. I hope that Masterpiece is doing better today. My thoughts are with you. He's lucky that he is in your care.

Dream Valley Ranch said...

Yay for Masterpiece!!! Sending him lots of love and hopes that he recovers well!
Xoxo
Suebeedoo

Val Ewing said...

Just catching up. I hope Masterpiece has a speedy recovery.

I can totally relate to what you are going through.