Followers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A GREY DAY

It was a welcome break.
 Ariana and Daniela helped me with chores this morning.
 At 9am, our friend Sally stopped up for a box of veggies.
 Onions, garlic, cucumbers, beets and dill.

 Finally mowed the back pasture...it is so thirsty!
 Daniela listed to some tunes out on the swing.
 Gary was into his new project  in the little orchard.

 The black eyed Susans have arrived in full force.

 Kevin dropped Finn and Coop off around 1.  They were helping Grampa move some stones, before he drove all four kids into Rochester...they were going to spend a couple of hours at Jen's office.

Later, I got dinner started...Jenny brought a couple of haddock filets that she wanted to grill.

 I made BBQued Green Beans....
 Mushroom and onions...in wine.
 roasted beets...
 a pear salad....
 (above are the finished beans)
 Grilled a steak...
 roasted potatoes....

Finally it was time to eat.



 Everyone but Cooper and me tried the fish.  The steak was great.

 Our neighbor stopped by with a dozen eggs...so nice when they are fresh.  Look at how she put them in the carton.


 Dessert was Klondike bars, during which we did a little story telling.  I started and we all added to the story.  Jenny was laughing so hard at the twists and turns that took place.



 Put the ponies in at 9.
 Sidney and Seymour kept me company.
 Tired!
Night all.

10 comments:

Terry said...

Yum! Night, Lori.

Cloudia said...

Those kids
will enjoy this Summer
for the rest
of their lives.



Aloha from Waikiki;


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


> < } } ( ° >

< ° ) } } > <

Unknown said...

That looks the ideal family meal, Lori, the food, the stories and all. And I love the attention to detail that your neighbour gave the eggs.

Jo said...

Hi Lori, still looks "sunny" around your home, farm and family. I love the arrangement of eggs. And the black-eyed-susans took me back to my childhood. My dad had them growing over the fence. Have a great weekend. Jo

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What an enjoyable day, and what a enjoyable way to end it!

Overcast here too--But no rain, not even any predicted. Must be almost August!

Peggy said...

You cook a wicked meal! Looks delicious!

Samantha said...

Another great day...love reading your posts!
I always end up craving salads at 8 am! LOL

Louise said...

Wasn't it lovely yesterday? I hope that you're getting the rain that I'm getting right now. Real rain, soft and gentle, not some random sprinkle. It can keep on all day, as far as I'm concerned.

I never heard of roasted beets, and they look very good. Would you mind sharing your technique?

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

What a great day!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

That box of vegies you packed for Sally looks like a box of pickle fixins to me!