Followers

Monday, April 25, 2011

A RECORD BREAKING DAY IN THE RAIN DEPARTMENT...

Last year we were dry, this year April is over the top saturated.
 These two shots are for Sharon, who is down in the Carolinas (where the sun might be shining).
 The paddock was a muck hole, so I put the hay in one of the pastures.
 It's right next to the rhubarb! Yours is going to look like this (Annette).


 The forecast called for rain, and I really wanted to mow the lawn before it started.  Fortunately the lawn tractor started.  It wasn't mowing level...duh!  The back tire needed more air.  Thank you Gary.

 Of course it had to sprinkle while I was finishing up.

In the house by 12:30.  The tulips are on their last leg....but still very interesting.




 Within two days, I'll bet the petals will fall off.

I was in the house relaxing when it started to pour...so I went out to see how bad it was for the horses.  The smarties were in the indoor!  So I got them each a flake of hay and went back inside where it was nice and cozy.
Put those sweet ponies in early.




 Leftovers for dinner.

Time for a nice hot shower....a fire....and dancing.
Night all.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been very rainy in April too - even the pastures are turning into swamps - and even more rain is coming tonight.

Nancy said...

Sounds like you had a very nice day, despite the rain! Raining here too off and on. :)

Laura said...

I do love these wide open "hello world and goodbye soon" tulips!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello!! We're really wet here in Virginia too--I'm wondering if we'll end up with a dry summer on the flip side of all this...I hope not!

Beautiful pictures of the tulips!! I hope you're having an enjoyable evening!!

Leontien said...

Smart horses!
Oh i wish this rain would be gone!

I soo want to see some sun! i think i'm craving for it! haha

Thanks
Leontien

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I can't wait for my rhubarb to look like that! Is it next year yet? I know I have to control myself and just let it grow this year. We had sunshine today - we must be trading on the weather. Leftovers here too.

Gayle said...

I'm not so interested in rain either, but one day of downpour would sure take care of the last of my snow. Haven't decided if I should start shoveling the lawn...it doesn't get the warm afternoon sun and it is still so deep. I hope your rain lets up by the weekend and things start to dry up.

Sally said...

Ponies with personalty...so sweet!

Anonymous said...

How do you get your rhubard to look so good? Does it grow very fast? Special food for it? I've got six plants in the ground but they are very young. How old before it can be picked? I LOVE rhubard. :):)

Victoria Cummings said...

Seeing your muddy paddocks make me feel better. I spend more time washing my horses legs these days than doing anything else with them. Those tulips are lovely - so exotic when they are wide open.

Terry said...

The new header is gorgeous! I love how green it is at SF. We have just a hint.

Dreaming said...

OK...so, is there a way you can send the rain out our way? We are desperate for some moisture!
Everything looks so green and luscious there - well, of course, why shouldn't it with umpteen feet of the wet stuff!!!

Your rhubarb looks so pretty. Mine is up, too :-) This is the 2nd year that I've had it. Do you put a bucket over it to encourage long stems? If so, when do you do that?

Sharon Creech said...

Thank you for the cloudy pics (!) - we do have blue skies but I'm headed up north later this week- up to the mud and the rain. . .?

Birdman said...

Love those horse/fog shots. Fabulous!