Followers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

OFF DUTY....


















No beautiful sunrise this morning.  We had a lot of rain yesterday and everything is a mess again.
Put the sheets on so the horses could spend the day outside.  In a matter of hours the temperature dropped over 10 degrees and the wind picked up to about 40 MPH or more.  Pretty ugly!


















Gary had yoga this morning and I met him for chorus at 10.  Our director was not that excited about our combined rehearsal last night and we started out VERY BADLY (which did not make her too happy).  Fortunately, we redeemed ourselves by the time we left.




















No way could I go for a bike ride...never could have fought the heavy wind.

You guessed it...I holed up in front of the fire.  Perfect day to lay low.


















Phoebe enjoyed it as much as I did.




Sidney kept me company when I worked on the computer.















































 Went out to do chores at 5:15.  Had to close up the indoor, so I turned on the twinkie lights in order to see...they are in the rafters and go from one end of the barn to the other.  The weather never improved and I am sure the ponies were happy to be in for the night.

Dinner was great!  Had a leftover chicken breast from last night and put it on top of some mixed greens with dried cranberries, apples, crumbly blue and our own toasted walnuts.  Heated up the leftover carrots and served them as a side along with some toasted Syrian bread.  Super delish.  I could eat this every night.
 

















Several people who drum at the college have bells on their drums.  Today I remembered that I had some very primitive, handmade bells and put them on my djembe....I'm psyched.  Tomorrow, will start to paint the bottom with zebra stripes.






















































Time to help Brenda with her computer...as in iPhoto stuff.

Night all!

PS   -  Sidney wanted to perform for you tonight.  You may want to turn off my "radio" (below).

It's a little dark, but you can hear how his piano practice is coming along.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Sidney is a stitch! What a character!
I love the photo of the pony in his rug.

Susan Ellis said...

Yup...nothing but cloudy weather for the next few days...the inner sunshine will have to provide the beat.