Followers

Saturday, May 17, 2008

SARATOGA NATIONAL HISTORIC PARK






We made it to the park with 45 minutes to spare, and after unloading the car we discovered that not one of my CDs could be shown with the equipment at the Visitor's Center.  So, I winged it.  Giant surprise....as we were walking to the building, the Becks from Brockport were arriving at the same time.  They read about my lecture and decided to see what it was all about.  In the end, all went very well and I now have many new contacts from that part of the state.  Many thanks to Linda Buerkley of Hudson Falls, who hosted this event on behalf of the NCAC Board and the Feeder Canal Alliance.
It was our pleasure to end the day at the Dovecoat Inn for a spectacular dinner at Randy's Restaurant.  I would give it four stars for atmosphere, presentation and service...not to mention the superb meals we had.  We enjoyed having some time with Linda and the Fosters.

No comments: