Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WE'RE CLOSE TO RECORD BREAKING TEMPERATURES....AGAIN

As soon as I walked out the door, I was surrounded by a warm preview for the day.
 Once again, Kate (Chicago) had sent us her heat.  Whatever happens there, we get it the next day.



 Fortunately we had some pretty hefty breezes...warm ones.


 I tried taking some shots of this butterfly, but it would not stand still.  He was waiting for me out in the paddock.
 
 The "pond" in the big pasture finally dried up and I was able to mow down the rest of the buttercups before the farrier got here at 2.  Earlier I dragged the outdoor arena...need to get that rototiller back up here.
 I brought my three horses into the grooming room and sponged them off while they were waiting for their trims.  The fan was going and because the space is insulated, it was pretty cool.  They seemed to enjoy getting out of the sun for awhile and were perfect while their feet were being done.
 I have a tip for the day.  If you live in a warm climate, get yourself some "scrub" tops and wear them to do chores.  Nothing is more comfortable.  I must have 6 or 7 ...standard equipment during the summer.  Add a pair of shorts and you are good to go.
 Hurried through evening chores and put the ponies back out.

Tonight, Cooper "graduated" from kindergarten.  Of course we were all there for his play and slide show.
 It was all about a garden...

 Cooper was a frog.

 The program ended with these little cuties coming out in caps and gowns.





 Ta Daaaaaaaaa.....
I'd say that Cooper was really enjoying the festivities.

Gary and I went to the air conditioned Diner for dinner.  Between food and the heat, I am pooped.
Night all.


10 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

You have record heat, we have record cool... this is bizarre. Low of 39 last night, and cold and foggy today. I don't think we even hit 60.

Gayle said...

We could have used some of your heat... I'm freezing. The wildfire smoke choked out our sun today. Boy, they sure went all out for Cooper's celebration. No caps and gowns for Olivia.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Cooper looks so adorable, what a handsome guy. My little granddaughter is also graduating kindergarten next week. And I have a graduation at pre-school tomorrow for my (almost 3 yr.old) grandson. Hope the weather isn't this hot again, it's outside.

We've got to get rid of this heat, everyone including the horses are just miserable. Stay cool.

Samantha said...

We're with you on the heat..crazy for early June.

Glad the horses were good for the farrier!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We're chasing the high temp record again today--A couple of the dogs don't even want to go out (wimps!)

Congrats to Cooper!!

Stay cool!! :-)

Victoria Cummings said...

Cooper is darling - You must be so proud of him! And those shots of the peonies are fabulous - makes me want to plant more and more. I love them so! The heat is paralyzing. I just keep hosing down the horses to keep them cool. Hoping it will break tonight.

Val Ewing said...

100 degrees on Tuesday, 98 yesteday...50's today.

What is up with that???

Tough on the critters!

Sharon Creech said...

Congratulations to handsome Cooper! I couldn't get the butterfly clip to run (anyone else have that trouble?) Probably just me. Horses look so goooood.

Unknown said...

That butterfly clip worked well over here. But what is it. At first glance I thought it was a swallowtail butterfly, but it isn't, is it?. Do you know what it is?
By the way, Lori, I hope you and Gari realise just how lucky you are to have two of your grandchildren living so near you, and to be able to see so much of them.
Regards, Mike and Ann.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Thought you were cool there??? ;-) Great tip on the scrubs!