Followers

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Come Rain Or Come Shine....

It was in the 30s this morning when I went out to the barn and it was raining!

Had to put the sheets back on the girls so they could stay outside.
 Gary's garlic is starting to grow like crazy...this is only half of it.
 Chorus at 10.  We have a performance next week so our rehearsal was in high gear.

All the rain last night knocked down some of the daffodils so I brought a few into the house.



Had a 2pm meeting here with 6 people from the community, who are working together on a fundraiser so we can install another mural in one of our parks.  On May 31st the Brockport Big Band is donating a concert for the cause.  We are calling it JazzFestWest, as these musicians will be playing for the 5th (maybe 6th) year in the Rochester International Jazz Festival.  More details will follow as we are hoping for a big crowd (in our barn - indoor).  Of course I did not get my camera out until almost everyone had left.
 As per usual, the sun made an appearance late in the afternoon.


 We had dinner before I went out to do chores.  The girls deserved a little time in the sun.
We had korv (Swedish sausage made by Gary and Randy), mashed potatoes, peas and a Saint Tim salad with apples, pears and craisins.....and crumbly blue and scallions.....
 Whenever there is rain, there is rolling.
 Four little piggies.






Night all.

3 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

It was 37 when I left for work this morning. Brrr. We had a bit of rain Monday night and are expecting more (and maybe some hail) on Friday. Pistol is looking like a piggy too.

Grey Horse Matters said...

The daffodils are so pretty. Some around here are coming up too. Love all the garlic.

I'll never figure out why the horses like to roll in the mud. Being that dirty must feel good I guess.

Jo said...

Oh WOW, what a sunrise! And I love the horses! That korv looks a lot like the South African farmer's sausage called "boerewors" and is devoured by all! Here's wishing you a great and warm weekend, Lori, just in case I don't get to commenting again before I get home in SA. Jo