Followers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

PART TWO FOR TODAY...

The rest of the story.
On Saturdays there are a couple of cooking shows on PBS that serve as motivation.
Today I made Irish Vegetable Soup from the recipe I posted over a week ago.
 First I sauteed a medium onion and the white part of two leeks.
 Then I peeled and sliced 2 parsnips, 3 carrots and 3 small potatoes.
 Threw in 4 cups of organic vegetable stock....
 covered and simmered until tender.
 During the last few minutes I added 3 tablespoons of finely chopped Italian parsley.
 Pureed everything....
 and added 3/4 cup of half and half (need to add more as it was pretty thick).  Salt and pepper to taste.
 Spent some time watching the Lollypop Farm Telethon.  Every year I donate something to the cause as they provide an amazing service to this area.  That's where Jill got Chester.  The only problem...the stories they post keep me in tears.  Those animals are so innocent and people can be so cruel.   They adopt out about 8000 a year....  Unfortunately, many are not so lucky.

The wind kept blowing like crazy all day...it still is screaming out there.
Went out to do chores early so the ponies could catch a break.

 The devastation from the tornadoes is beyond belief.  A months worth in 48 hours!

 Back in by 5:30 and got dinner ready.

 Soup and salad.
 With a nice multi grain roll.  Yum!  Wish you were here Tim!
 Seymour is happy to be hanging out in the house.
Night all.  Hope all is well where you live.

7 comments:

Dreaming said...

Your soup looks wonderful - yummy and warm - just what one needs on a cold, windy day.

I got my first dog from Lollipop Farm. I'm glad they are still helping animals find forever homes.

Grey Horse Matters said...

The soup looks delicious. Just what's needed on cold miserable days to make you feel good inside. Seymour looks really comfy.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Dinner looks delish!

Terry said...

As soon as I can get to town and get some groceries, I'm making that soup! Yum!

Cloudia said...

organic veg stock! gotta get that!

such nice pics you post


Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

>< } } ( ° >

Gayle said...

Soup and salad...good winter food. Wind is never fun (as far as I'm concerned). Hope the weather straightens up soon.

Sharon Creech said...

More great cooking/food photos, mmmmm. Guess I'd better go make some soup :)