Followers

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A CHANGE IS IN THE WIND....


A little fog this morning.

Mellow Yellow.

Jill and Chester helped with chores....again we were done in no time.


 At 11:30 Gary and I left for Albion to have lunch at the Crooked Door and perform at a Vet's facility.
 I must say....we were on.

A little before 5 Jill arrived to groom Belle.  A woman is interested in buying her and brought along the owner/trainer of the barn where she now has another horse.
 Before they arrived, I looked up the facility on line and was totally impressed.  Beautifully set up with great consideration for the horses.  When they got here, Sharon (the facility owner/trainer) lounged Belle for a few minutes and then got on to try her out.  An excellent rider and a perfectly behaved horse.  I was so proud of her.
 It's a sight to behold when a horse and rider are in sync and soft.

After riding in the indoor, they went down the lane to see how she would react.  No problem.

 I will miss Belle, Jill and Chester.  Hope we can still get together.
 She will be moving in the near future, to a little slice of heaven.
 I think this is the first time I have mowed the lawn in March, but it needed to be done....especially behind the Studio where it was exceptionally long.

Did chores a little after 7.
 Tucked the girls in for the night....
 ...and got in the house just before sunset.
It sure is going to be different around here.
Night all.

6 comments:

Cloudia said...

gonna be good!


Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

>< } } ( ° >

thecrazysheeplady said...

Well, I'm sad Belle is leaving, but hopefully it will be a good thing for everyone involved.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I'm going to miss Belle and, especially, Chester. I've grown to love his face.

Gayle said...

I could almost smell the grass through your photo.

This horse business is different than anything I know... a lot of selling, buying, moving that happens that you do see with smaller animals. Maybe so with cattle? I know a gal her that just bought a horse. Seems like a common thing. I will miss seeing Jill and Chester, but mostly will be sorry you lose their help.

Terry said...

Best of luck, pretty Belle. I will miss seeing you in Lori's blog.

So you had to mow, did you? You showoff!

I've been off-line for a few days.

Achieve1dream said...

Isn't it great that the days are longer again? :)

I'm glad Belle found a great home!