Followers

Monday, July 6, 2015

The Heat is On...


 After chores I started mowing pastures....again.

 Before and after.







 This was Ariana's first day with Finn and Coop.
Daniela stayed here last night and we decided to make a quick trip out to the beach, as she will go back to LV on Thursday.
 The lake is still very cold, but the air temperature was in the low 70s today and felt great.

 Even tho the lake was a little choppy, she wanted to get out in the kayak.








 We were invited to stay for lunch...
 and then drove to Jenny's to pick up Ariana, Finn and Coop.
A perfect day to visit Roger and Tina's pool.
 The flower boxes and gardens were beautiful (as usual).







 The water temperature and the air temperature were identical.  86!


 Could not have asked for a more perfect way to spend the afternoon.
I treaded water for 1 hour...just like I did 3 years ago after my knee replacement.  Felt SO good.
 Relaxed when we got home and did chores at 7:30.



 Gary had gone to the Town Park to watch Finn's ball game, which got called because of lightning.
We had a very late dinner.
Left over grilled pork and potato salad.
Delish.
Almost 9:30 and the temperature is still 80.
I hope it cools down for the ponies.
Night all.

7 comments:

Stephen Andrew said...

Your friend's verbena is fairing a hell of a lot better than mine! Looks so pretty! How nice to have the grandkids together. It gets harder every year to reunite people, but it's so nice that your daughter makes the effort to come and that you and Jen (and Gary, of course!) all work to make it a nice visit. A lot goes into it on both ends, but it's worth all the effort to have everyone together.

Birdman said...

Remember the first time I ever saw Ontario. I was amazed. First lake I ever saw that I couldn't see the other shoreline. It was so like an ocean. Looks like there is plenty of 'corn comin' too. Stifling heat or a January freezing temps? Which causes the girls the most grief.

Unknown said...

I would love to have a kayak! I think I may well struggle with the heat when I return from England this year!

Two French Bulldogs said...

We love kayaking. Mom put on out life jackets and took us for a ride. Stay cool
Lily & Edward

Grey Horse Matters said...

Looks like a nice day. Sometimes I wish I had my old house back with the pool. It's great for cooling off and exercising. Hot and humid here too.

Michaele said...

I am so enamored with your veggie stand! The garlic is perfect!

Val Ewing said...

Well it is time to catch up! Love this. I have some garlic growing that I want to dry so I am going to have to look up the proper way.
What a beautiful day.
Still trying to get work done on my intended flower garden...alas, I think I 'll give up this year.